Last Updated on March 20, 2022 by Rakesh Gupta
Now you can able to hide unused report types in Salesforce. It is one of the fantastic features because it’s giving you a way by which you can hide report type that is currently not in use.
Business Use case
In past, due to some business requirement, you created one custom report type, but now you don’t want to allow your users to create reports for that report type. So one option is to delete that custom report type but when you delete the custom report type any reports based on it are also deleted. Any dashboard components created from a report based on a deleted custom report type display an error message when viewed.
Configure Hide Unused Report Types
This feature is available in Developer, Performance, Enterprise, Professional, Contact Manager, Group and Unlimited editions except for Database.com. Perform the below steps
- Click on the Report Tab in Salesforce.
- Click on the New Report button as shown below image.
- It will redirect you to Create New Report page then select the Select Report Types to Hide check box.
- Click on plus sign expand, the green check(✔) mark next to a report type means it’s visible to everyone.
- Click the checkmark to change it to an X and hide that report type.
- Here I hide the Account History and Contact History Report type.
- Once done, click on the Report tab to go back.
Proof of Concept
- Go to the Report tab, then click on the New Report button.
- Users can only select unhidden report types, if they don’t have Manage Custom Reports user permission they can’t able to see hidden report types.
I want to hear from you!
What is one thing you learned from this post? How do you envision applying this new knowledge in the real world? Feel free to share in the comments below.