After Spring’14 release you can able to hide unused report type in Salesforce.It is one of the fantastic feature from Sprin’14 release because it’s giving you a way by which you can hide report type that is currently not in use.
Use Case: – In past due to some business requirement you created one custom report type, but now you don’t want to allow your users to create report for that report type. So one option is delete that custom report type but when you delete custom report type any reports based on it are also deleted. Any dashboard components created from a report based on a deleted custom report type display an error message when viewed.
Note :- After Spring’14 release you can hide Standard as well as Custom report type.
Configure Hide Unused Report Types for your organization
This feature available in Developer, Performance, Enterprise, Professional, Contact Manager, Group and Unlimited editions except Database.com. To configure it follow the below steps
1) Click on “Report” Tab in Salesforce.
2) Click on “New Report” button as shown in below image.
3) It will redirect you to Create New Report page then select “Select Report Types to Hide” check box.
4) Click on plus sign expand, the green check(✔) mark next to a report type means it’s visible to everyone. click the check mark to change it to an “X” and hide that report type.
Here I hide “Account History” and “Contact History” Report type.
5) Once done, Click on Report tab to go back.
Now it’s time to test it
1) Go to “Report” tab, then click on “New Report” Button.
2) User can only select unhidden report types, if they don’t have “Manage Custom Reports” user permission they can’t able to see hidden report types.
If you like this blog or you have a question please leave your comments, I’ll try to answer it. Thanks for your time to read my article.