Hello and welcome. I am so glad you are here.
Hi! My name is Rakesh Gupta. Thank you for being a part of my community! After reading the introduction you will be convinced, beyond doubt, that in life, nothing is impossible, if you put your heart and mind to it! This is far from a cliché – I am a living proof!
I will achieve my objective if, after reading about me, you begin doubting your doubts – about yourself, your skills and your ability to achieve heights beyond your expectations!
A peek into my childhood:
I am a graduate of SRM University, Chennai, with a degree in information technology. I previously worked at iGate Computer System Ltd (now a part of Capgemini).
Life has not been easy, to say the least. There have been many ups and downs – especially, a healthy dose of the latter, during my childhood. I am deeply grateful to my dad, mom, and my sister, for shielding me, as much as possible from life’s hardships, by bestowing on me their love, dedication, and disproportionate sacrifices.
My dad is a retired teacher. To-date, I remember my dad walked for miles, on rainy days during floods, due to the scanty irrigation system, to go to his ‘office’ (i.e. School). I will never ever forget those days when my dad did not get paid on time (sometimes, he would not get paid for 6 months).
Our situation became so dire that, at the age of 13, for the first time, I took up a small job to earn money to contribute towards buying food for the family. My dad took loans from others to pay for my education. My parents refrained from buying basic necessities for themselves, even things like clothes, to save money so my sister and I could go to a good school and better college.
Not only did we not have any good schools in my village, but there was no English Medium school for miles. As a result, I did not receive any formal training in English. Consequently, occasionally, I still struggle to write blogs. Writing in English continues to be a challenge for me. However, fortunately, my desire to help others – to achieve mastery in Salesforce – is stronger than the challenge!
My Salesforce Journey:
I am a four-time Salesforce MVP, evangelist, Salesforce trainer and an avid blogger! I have been working on the Salesforce.com platform for over 6 years.
I am Mumbai based Salesforce MVP, an evangelist with experience in Salesforce as a Developer, Consultant, and Solution Architect. Best known as an automation champion in the Salesforce ecosystem, I have penned over 120 articles on Visual Workflow and Process Builder to show how someone can use Visual Workflow and Process Builder to minimize code usage. Furthermore, I am a principal team member of a biweekly online webinar, Automation Hour (http://www.automationhour.com).
Recently, I was featured on Salesforce corporate website. Check it out here: https://www.salesforce.com/products/salesforce-advantage/
In addition to the above, I offer online and corporate training for various Salesforce certifications. I have trained more than 700 individual professionals around the globe and conducted corporate workshops.
I offer training for various courses such as ADM 201, ADM 301, App Builder, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Platform Developer I, Platform Developer II, and Pardot.
I am boundlessly passionate about Force.com! I frequently share my insights through various channels including Salesforce Success Community, lead user groups and, continue to get certified in as many Salesforce Certifications as possible.
Honors & Awards:
- The Top Salesforce Influencers for 2016
- Salesforce MVP Summer ’14
- Salesforce MVP Summer ’15
- Salesforce MVP Summer ’16
- Top 50 Salesforce Influencers on Twitter for 2015
- Mason Frank’s 30 recommended Salesforce bloggers
Below is a glimpse of my various involvement in the community:
Leader of several User Groups as listed below:
- Navi-Mumbai Salesforce Developer User Group
- Nashik Salesforce Developer User Group
- Mumbai Salesforce User Group
Mastery in the following areas of Salesforce Platform:
- Salesforce.com Certified Administrator
- Salesforce.com Certified Advanced Administrator
- Salesforce.com Certified Force.com Developer
- Salesforce.com Certified Sales Cloud Consultant
- Salesforce.com Certified Service Cloud Consultant
- Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder
- Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I
- Salesforce Certified Pardot Specialist
- Salesforce Certified Pardot Consultant
- Apttus Quote – to – Cash Certified
About My Blog:
If this your first visit to my website, you might want to start with my tutorials. Here are the tutorials that I have published so far:
- Getting Started With Process Builder – helps you get started with Process Builder by solving real world problems – one problem at a time.
- Getting Started with Visual Workflow – teaches you an easier way to solve complex business problems using clicks not codes.
- Getting Started with Pardot – helps you to get started with Salesforce B2B marketing automation tool, by explaining real world example.
- Salesforce Releases (Quick Summary) – do not have time to read the Salesforce release notes (500 pages)? Check out the quick summary written by me.
- App Review – is a collection of my favorite apps that helps you to solve few Salesforce problems and save your precious time.
- Getting Started with Apex – is for anyone who wants to learn Apex programming or to start programming for the first time.
You can also check my latest blog posts or use the search function on the sidebar.
In addition to my blogs, I penned following books:
Furthermore, I have been a technical reviewer of following books:
- Netherlands Nonprofit User Group
- Southeast Dreamin’17
- Midwest Dreamin’17
Currently, in addition to offering online and corporate training for various Salesforce certifications, I am working as a Salesforce solution architect consultant.
In light of the above, I hope, by now, you have begun doubting your doubts – about yourself, your skills and your ability to achieve heights beyond your expectations!
Thank you for reading!
– Salesforce MVP
– Founder GurukulOnCloud.com
– The Top Salesforce Influencers for 2016
* All product names, logos, and brands are property of their respective owners.