Last Updated on December 12, 2017 by Rakesh Gupta
A folder is a place where you can store report, dashboard. Folders can be public, hidden, or shared, and can be set to read-only or read/write. It means a user may have access to several report and dashboard Folders. It’s difficult to find the report folder that you are looking for when it’s required, every time you have use search option to find report folder.
Business Use case :- Users in Universal Container using report folders on a daily basis. In their organization they have more than 200 report folders. Users want a way so they can move Opportunity report folders to the top of the page.
First of all thanks to Brendan Le Thuaut who post this idea (Pin reports folders) and everyone who voted. After Summer’14 release you can able to pin report folder like you can pin objects after searches (Existing feature).
Pin to report folder feature available in all Editions. To pin an Opportunity report folder follow the below instructions
1) Navigate to the Reports tab
2) Move your mouse cursor to Opportunity report folder so a pin icon will be visible as shown in the below screenshot
3) Click on pin icon and select Pin to top option as shown in the below screenshot
4) Now you can see Opportunity report folder moved to top of the page as shown in the below screenshot
Now you can pin your most-used report and dashboard folders to the top of the folder list so you don’t have to scroll down every time. You can pin as many as report folder you want. You can pin maximum of 10 report folders.
Unpin report folder
To unpin report folder follow the below instructions
1) Navigate to report folder that you already Pinned in our case Opportunity report folder
2) Click on pin icon and select unpin as shown in the below screenshot
Note: -To learn more about summer 14 release download release notes from here.