A folder is a place where you can store report, dashboard. Folders can be public, hidden, or shared, and can be set to read-only or read/write. It means a user may have access to several report and dashboardFolders. It’s difficult to find the report folder that you are looking for when it’s required, every time you have use search option to find report folder.
Business Use case :- Users in Universal Container using report folders on a daily basis. In their organization they have more than 200 report folders. Users want a way so they can move Opportunity report folders to the top of the page.
First of all thanks to Brendan Le Thuaut who post this idea (Pin reports folders) and everyone who voted. After Summer’14 release you can able to pin report folder like you can pin objects after searches (Existing feature).
Pin to report folder feature available in all Editions. To pin an Opportunity report folder follow the below instructions
1) Navigate to the Reports tab
2) Move your mouse cursor to Opportunity report folder so a pin icon will be visible as shown in the below screenshot
Move Cursor to Report Folder
3) Click on pin icon and select Pin to top option as shown in the below screenshot
Pin to Opportunity Report
4) Now you can see Opportunity report folder moved to top of the page as shown in the below screenshot
Pin to Opportunity Report Folder
Now you can pin your most-used report and dashboard folders to the top of the folder list so you don’t have to scroll down every time. You can pin as many as report folder you want. You can pin maximum of 10 report folders.
Unpin report folder
To unpin report folder follow the below instructions
1) Navigate to report folder that you already Pinned in our case Opportunity report folder
2) Click on pin icon and select unpin as shown in the below screenshot
Salesforce.com rolls out a release after following Salesforce1 developer week. The Summer’14 release of Salesforce.com is now in available under pre-release program. On 06th June Sandboxes will be upgraded so you organization get look and feel of Summer’14 release. The Chatter Mobile for Blackberry and Salesforce Classic for Blackberry apps are no longer supported effective Summer’14. This is because the BlackBerry OS platform on which these apps run is nearing the end of its lifecycle and the new BlackBerry 10 platform doesn’t support these apps, Both of these apps will remain fully functional until they are officially deprecated. Effective with Summer’14, Forecasts 1.0 (Classic) is officially retired. In this release Salesforce.com introduce lot’s of new App & User permissions to effectively manage your Salesforce org. Below are the few important points from Summer’14 release.
Below are the quick summary of Summer’14 release from user’s / customer’s.
Customer/User’s Point of view :–
1. Attach Larger Files, Up to 25 MB, to Objects: – The size limit for attachments to objects increased from 5 MB to 25 MB. Collaborate more easily with larger attachments to cases, accounts, orders, and other objects. Attachment limits in Salesforce Knowledge remain unchanged.
2.Receive Incoming Emails of up to 25 MB :- The size limit for incoming email messages increased from 10 MB to 25 MB, making it more likely that you’ll receive even long messages with multiple attachments in their entirety. The 25 MB per message limit applies to the entire message.
3. Salesforce Notification Banner :- The Salesforce Banner is an announcement banner that appears on some pages. In Summer ’14, the Salesforce Notification Banner will appear on all pages for accounts, contacts, and dashboards, and in the setup area for your organization.
Salesforce Notification Banner
4.Salesforce File Sync Generally available : – Salesforce Files Sync makes file management easier than ever. Your users install a desktop client called Salesforce Files. They can then securely store, sync, and share files between Chatter, their desktops, and mobile devices. Run Show File Reports from the File Detail Page See how many times a file has been downloaded, shared, liked, and commented on.
5 Delete Topics Directly in Salesforce :-Previously, you could delete topics only by using the SOAP API, Chatter REST API, or Chatter in Apex. But in Summer ’14, you can quickly delete them right on topic detail pages.
6 Ask Questions in the Feed with Chatter Questions (Beta) :- Ask questions and get answers in Chatter with Chatter Questions. Chatter Questions allows users to ask questions in their Chatter feed, in groups, and in records. With Chatter Questions, users can quickly view similar questions and articles as they enter their question, without switching context. After a question is asked, the person who asked the question or the question’s moderator can select a best answer—which is prominently displayed in the feed—allowing other users to quickly and easily find the best response to their question.
7 Default Event Action Lets Users Create Events from Any Publisher : –Salesforce added New Event to the default actions on the global publisher layout. Now users can create events on the Home tab, the Chatter tab, and record detail pages, without administrator setup.
8 Pin reports folders : – Now users can pin their most-used report and dashboard folders to the top of the folder list so they don’t have to scroll down every time.
Pin Report Folders
9. Increased Limits for Total Rules: – The limits for the total number of rules were raised:
From 300 to 500 per object
From 1,000 to 2,000 per organization
These limits apply to any combination of active and inactive workflow, assignment, auto-response, and escalation rules.
10. Text Area (Long), Text Area (Rich) Field data Type can store Up to 131,072 characters on separate lines.
11 Control Manual Sharing for User Records :- Now Sharing and Settings available for User object. It means you can set OWD settings for User object. Simple use case if OWD for user object is Private and UserA has access to lead record they can view record details with owner name but they can’t see detail information about owner. He will get error like attached screenshot
OWD for User Object
12. Customizable Price Book Entries :- Now Price Book Entries object is available as an object . Administrators can customize price book entries in the user interface.
Price Book Enteries
13. Transfer Files During a Chat (Generally Available) :-Give Live Agent customers the ability to upload and transfer files to agents during a chat so they can easily share important information without leaving their chat window. Agents associate incoming files with new or existing records.
14. Topics detail page enhancement :- Topics pages now have feed items and records in separate tabs. These are separated by object type.
Topics Detail Page
Developer Point of view:-
1. Improvements to Setup Search (Beta) : – With Advanced Setup Search, you can search for Setup menu items, custom fields, custom objects, custom profiles, permission sets, public groups, roles, and users from the sidebar in Setup.
2. More Specific Permissions for Managing Users :-Salesforce added more specific user-management permissions that distribute the access of the “Manage Users” permission. Now organizations have more precise control over what user-management permissions their administrators have.
3. Limit Raised for External IDs :- The limit has been raised from 3 to 7 for external IDs on custom fields.
4. Customize Feed-Based Page Layouts in New Ways :- Expand the feed horizontally and automatically collapse the publisher when it’s not in use so users can see more information at a glance when they work with records. Two new settings for feed-based page layouts let you customize feed views so users can see more information without having to scroll.
Use the Auto-Collapse Publisher setting to collapse the publisher when it’s not in use.
Enable the Use Full-Width Feed setting to expand the feed horizontally to take up all available space on the page.
Feed-Based Page Layouts in New Ways
6. Visual Flow Enhancement :- There are several enhancements in Visual workflow, those are followings
A) Manipulate Multiple Salesforce Fields and Records at One Time in a Flow (Generally Available) :- Collect the values for multiple fields for Salesforce records with a single query, and manipulate that data with a single DML statement by using sObject variables, sObject collection variables, and loops in a flow. In Spring ’14, this functionality was available only with a pilot program.
B)Changes to Trigger-Ready Flows :- New Methods of Launching Trigger-Ready Flows You can now launch a trigger-ready flow with these new methods, which are generally available.
The Apexstart() method
A custom button or link
The flow URL
The Run button in the Cloud Flow Designer
C) Cross-Object Field References in Flows :- Now you can reference fields for records that are related to the values that are stored in an sObject variable. To do so, you must manually enter the references. You can reference cross-object fields to use their values anywhere you can reference a flow resource or enter a value.
D) Send Email from a Flow :- Now you can send email from a flow. You now have two options for sending email from a flow: call an existing workflow email alert or configure the email within the flow.
E) Use an Object-Specific or Global Action in a Flow :- As an alternative to Record or Fast elements, flows can now use object-specific and global actions to create and update Salesforce records
7. Developer Console:- There are many updating related to Developer console. Now you love to code or debug here. A) Search and Edit Files with the Edit Menu : – The new Edit menu in the Developer Console allows you to quickly access search and edit functionality. B) Find Files By Name :- Search for files by name using the new Open Resource dialog in the Developer Console. In addition to the type-based Open dialog, the new Open Resource dialog allows you to search for a file by name by entering a simple string, or by using regular expressions (prefix with “re:”). Click File > Open Resource or press SHIFT+CTRL+O.
C) Speed Up Queries with the Query Plan Tool :- The new Query Plan tool in the Developer Console can help speed up SOQL queries done over large volumes.To use the tool, enter your query and click the Query Plan button in the Query Editor. The Query Plan window displays all query operations and the cost of each.
8. EntityFields Attribute Added to <apex:canvasApp> :- The entityFields attribute lets you specify fields returned in the signed request Record object when the component appears on a Visualforce page placed on an object. If this attribute isn’t specified or is blank, then only the Id field is returned. 9. Create Price Book Entries in Apex Tests :- You can create price book entries for standard and custom price books in Apex tests. Previously, you couldn’t create price book entries in an Apex test by default unless the test had access to organization data via the @isTest(SeeAllData=true) annotation. With this new support, you can isolate your price book test data from your organization data.
10.New Object classification for custom object Enterprise Application object and Light Application object.
1. Now you can Edit, Reset password, Freeze, Deactivate user account and Assign Permission sets from Salesforce1 app.
2. Associated topics on your post from #Salesforce1 mobile app, even you can follow as well Delete Topics.
3. Search Chatter feed on Salesforce1 app.
Search Feed from Salesforce1
4. Quickly Access Events in Salesforce1 app.
5. Access up to 200 list view for an object.
6. Users can now submit records for approval from the Salesforce1app.
7. Ask Questions and Get Answers with Chatter Questions (Beta).
8. Access Salesforce Files in the Salesforce1 Mobile Browser App.
9. Receive Notifications About Task Assignments.