Last Updated on June 1, 2022 by Rakesh Gupta
It is hard to remember the headers when you are viewing a report with thousands of rows. Instead of scrolling, create floating headers by freezing columns and rows. After the Spring’14 release when you scroll down to read a report, you can choose to have the header rows at the top or on the left of the report stay visibility. This feature is available in Developer, Performance, Enterprise, Professional, Contact Manager, Group, and Unlimited except Database.com editions.
Enable Floating report headers
To enable this feature to follow the steps below:
- Click on Setup | Feature Settings | Analytics | Reports & Dashboards | Reports and Dashboards Settings
- Select Enable Floating Report Headers (Salesforce Classic only) check-box
- Click Save.
Proof of Concept
First of all, you have to create a summary or matrix report then you can use this feature. Here I am going to use the Opportunity Pipeline standard report. Follow the below steps to create a report with a floating header
- Navigate to the Reports tab
- Click on the Opportunity report folder and Click on Opportunity Pipeline report, Same like below screenshot:
- It will open the report on another page, from where you can Run Report. On this Screen Click on Customize button
- Now you are ready to customize the report, Select filters value as per your business requirement. change the report format to Summary if it’s not in that format.
- Click Save.
- Now perform steps 1 & 2. You are now on the Opportunity Pipeline report page. When the top row of data passes the top of the browser window, click the up arrow that appears just under the address bar. The grouping rows remain in view no matter how far you scroll.
- Finally it will look like the below screenshots.
Similarly, when you scroll to right and the left-most column of data passes the left edge of the browser, you can click the rightward arrow to see a stationary display of the row labels in the left column.
I want to hear from you!
What is one thing you learned from this post? How do you envision applying this new knowledge in the real world? Feel free to share in the comments below.