Last Updated on August 2, 2017 by Rakesh Gupta
It is hard to remember the headers when you are viewing a report with thousands of rows. Instead of scrolling, create floating headers by freezing columns and rows. After Spring’14 release when you scroll down to read a report, you can choose to have the header rows at the top or on the left of the report stay visiblility. This feature is available in Developer, Performance, Enterprise, Professional, Contact Manager, Group, and Unlimited except Database.com editions.
Enable Floating report headers
To enable this feature follow the path
1) Click on Name | Setup | App Setup | Customize | Reports & Dashboards | User Interface
2) Select “Enable Floating Report Headers” check-box
3) Click on Save.
Now it’s time to test this feature
First of all you have to create a summary or matrix report then you can use this feature. Here I am going to use “Opportunity Pipeline” standard report. Follow the below steps to create report with floating header
1) Navigate to Reports tab
2) Click on “Opportunity report” folder and Click on “Opportunity Pipeline” report, Same like below screen shot
3) It will open the report in another page, from where you can Run Report, Export details (in .Csv or Excel) etc. In this Screen Click on Customize button
4) Now you are ready to customize report, Select filters value as per your business requirement. change the report format to Summary if it’s not in that format.
5) Click on Save.
6) Now again follow step 1 & 2. You are now on “Opportunity Pipeline” report page. When the top row of data passes the top of the browser window, click the up arrow that appears just under the address bar. The grouping rows remain in view no matter how far you scroll.
Finally it will look like below screen shots.
Similarly, when you scroll to right and the left-most column of data passes the left edge of the browser, you can click the rightward arrow to see a stationary display of the row labels in the left column.
Announcement:- If you like this blog or you have a question please leave your comments, I’ll try to answer it. Thanks for your time to read my article. From next week I am going to start weekly news letter, leave your comment here if you want to revive it.