Last Updated on October 28, 2021 by Rakesh Gupta
Announcement is very important to Spread news across your organization, and Chatter is an awesome feature in Salesforce to do that. Post group announcements is to highlight important messages on the group page.
I have written a few articles on Chatter. Why not check them out while you are at it?!
Enable Post Announcements in Lightning Experience
This feature available in Essentials, Group, Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, Contact Manager, and Developer Editions. To enable post announcements in lightning experience perform the steps below:
- Click on Setup | Feature Settings | Chatter | Groups | Group layouts.
- click on the Edit link
- Drag and drop the Announcement action under Salesforce Mobile and Lightning Experience Actions section.
- Click Save.
Note:- Group owners, Group managers, and Users with the Modify All Data permission can post and delete group announcements.
Proof of Concept
- Go to any Chatter group’s page and click Announcement in the publisher action.
- Type the Message that you want to share with Chatter group members
- Specify an Expiration date.
- To notify all group members, select Email all group members next to the announcement expiration date.
- Click on Save.
Remember: – A group announcement appears until 11:59 p.m. on the selected expiration date, unless a new group announcement replaces it. In the group feed, users can discuss, like, and post comments on announcements. When you post an announcement, group members receive an email notification, just like they do for other posts, depending on their notification settings.
I want to hear from you!
What did you learn from this post, is it relevant to you, and how will you modify the concepts taught in the post for your own business processes?
Make a post and tag me on Twitter @automationchamp using #AutomationChampionFlow.