Last Updated on November 12, 2017 by Rakesh Gupta
Chatter can email you when somebody follows you, posts to your profile or groups and more. You can also receive daily or weekly abridgments with posts and comments from your personal feed and groups. In all email notification you can notice, it comes with Salesforce logo and Address.
In Spring’14 release Salesforce Comes with a new feature called as “Chatter Email Settings“, Now In Chatter email notification, you can display sender information (From Name & Email Address), footer text (Address), and a footer logo (Company logo) that is personalized for your organization.
Configure Chatter Email Setting for your organization
This feature available in Developer, Performance, Enterprise, Professional, Contact Manager, Group and Unlimited editions. To configure it follow the below steps
1) Upload a copy of your organization logo to Documents and make sure that the image is externally available with a maximum size of 150 x 50 pixels. Don’t save it under “My Personal document” otherwise you will be not able to use it.
2) Click on Name | Setup | App Setup | Customize | Chatter | Email Settings.
3) Enter value on From Name and Email Address field, It will replace default values available on these two fields.
Note:- Salesforce will send a verification email, to email address that you entered in the last step.If you change the sender’s email address, Salesforce sends a verification email to the new address. The change is pending, and Salesforce will continue to use the existing address while Salesforce awaits verification. The requested address doesn’t take effect until you click the confirmation link in the email, which is valid for 72 hours. If verification is already pending for a new email address and you specify a different new address, Salesforce retains the latest value and use that.
4) Choose your Company logo to replace the default Chatter logo.
5) Enter text to replace the default Footer Text, you can enter up to a maximum of 1,000 characters.
Note :- Salesforce recommend including your organization’s physical address to comply with applicable anti-spam laws.
6) Click On Save.
Now it’s time to test it
From next time when somebody follows you, you will get an email notification (Something Like below image).