Last Updated on June 1, 2022 by Rakesh Gupta
Branding is a way to motivate the buyer, concretes user loyalty, and broadcast the message to all users. Any organization using Salesforce can customize the Salesforce login page.
What means of Customizing login page?
Salesforce allows you to change the look and feel of your login page by adding a Background color, custom Logo, and Right-frame content.
What are the Prerequisites?
- At least one Domain is enabled for your organization.
- In the User Interface, navigate to the following path Setup | User Interface | Sites and Domains | Domains and check whether a domain is enabled for your Salesforce org or not.
- If you want to add Domain and don’t know how to do that, then click on link Adding a Domain.
Guided Practice (We-do):
There are 5 steps to customize the Salesforce login page:
- Navigate to Setup | Company Settings | My Domain.
- Click on the Edit button under Login Page Branding section.
- Navigate to Authentication Configuration section, If you want to customize your logo, upload an image.
- If you want to change your login page Background Color, it’s very easy to click the Color picker or enter a valid hexadecimal color code.
- To change Right Side Screen on the login page, enter URL to Right Frame URL Box.
- In the above screenshot, I have used one of my old blog post.
- Note: – Content must be located at a URL that uses SSL encryption and the https:// prefix. Maximum content size is 478px by 397px.
- Optionally, You can select additional authentication services to include on your login page.
- Finally click on Save Button, to save your work.
- Now logout from Salesforce and go to login page by using your domain.
So what you thinking now !!! Do the same for your org and please leave you comments.
I want to hear from you!
What did you learn from this post, is it relevant to you, and how will you modify the concepts taught in the post for your own business processes?
Make a post and tag me on Twitter @automationchamp using #AutomationChampionFlow.
21 thoughts on “Branding Your Salesforce Login Page”
Is it possible to increase the size of the custom logo file to be more than the 250x125px limit?
I don’t think so. You may reach out to Salesforce support for the official confirmation.
Hi Rakesh, have you any idea what the new dimensions are for the Winter ’16 release for the right hand URL picture are? It’s much bigger now, but i can’t find the new dimensions in the release notes.
Try this 572*462
Are you sure that is right Rakesh? The proportions don’t seem to match that. I would expect the eight to be almost double the wdith
I have just done this for a client and it appears there are no constraints on the image for the right side in the post Winter 16 release. I uploaded an image over 1000px wide expecting it to scale to fit the available space and resize dynamically depending on screen size. Sadly it does not. I have resorted to creating an image file of 1000px x 1500 px and arranged the picture in the top left of the image (size 900 x 750 px). The remainder of the image file is the same colour as the left panel background. On the majority of screens, only the image is visible (or a portion of it). For very large screens, a border can be seen at the right and bottom of the image which is the same colour as the left panel so as not to look poor.
Can you please elaborate how to get image on the right side of the page.
I tried my best to get it but couldn’t succeed.
Which URL i need to insert in the Right Frame URL section.
Thanks in advance.
Good question. To get image on the right side you can try below options
1) Upload Image on Chatter file, Now go to file sharing settings >> Share via link, so you will get a link and you can use the same link on right frame url.(https://cs5.salesforce.com/sfc/p/#O0000004xLCQ/a/O00000004Cs3/rm8fJxqV5j.6VkwR0CcqvQdWs4N1z.A0cv3zFhK1AZM=)
2) upload image on some unauthenticated site and use in right frame url.
3) http://www.screencast.com/ you can upload your image on this site and use.
Hello I have a dough,i used to upload a image in http://www.screencast.com and used this url image was come with http://www.screencast.com
Hi, Rakesh can we add buttons at the bottom of the standard login page, as it is showing in the demo present on the following page.
Thanks for the help.
Yes you can, use OpenID connect as SSO.
For that you have to use custom urls, you can easily create it. I don’t think so you can add button on login.salesforce.com page
Hi, I am having difficulty with the right side frame image. I am trying to reference my company website & not working the size is the issue.How do I get about finding the the recommended size component on my company website. OR how do I reference something ,similar to yours.
Highly appreciate all your help!
are you still facing same problem ? Sorry fro delay in response
Everything is ok..but i am not getting right side frame image.
What is the reason.
Rakesh I donot see Login Page Branding‘ section under myDomain. I am winter 14 release and I have 1 domain registered
Same here, not able to find Login page branding section.
Reblogged this on Sutoprise Avenue, A SutoCom Source.