Last Updated on October 17, 2021 by Rakesh Gupta
Opportunity Contact Role represents the role of Contact/Person account on an Opportunity. There is many-to-many relationship between Opportunity and Contact, through a junction object called OpportunityContactRole. In an opportunity, you may add many opportunity contact roles.
There is no restriction on Account from which the Contact can come, you can add any Contact from any Account.
For example, Rakesh Gupta might be the Executive sponsor for the opportunity “Universal Container”, and Edna Frank might be the Quality Control for same Opportunity.
How to define Contact Role?
According to your business requirement, you can modify contact role for Opportunity.
To define contact role for Opportunity navigate to Setup | Feature Settings | Sales | Team Roles
If you want to add new role click on New Button, for reorder or make some value default click on Reorder button and save it.
Contact Role fields?
Below is the list of contact role standard fields, which Salesforce does not allow us to add any new custom field on Opportunity Contact Role.
How to add contacts as a Contact Role inside Any Opportunity?
- First, identify the Opportunity in which you want to add Contact Role
- Then navigate to Contact Role related list click on Add Contact Roles button.
- Select a Contact and click on the Next button.
- In the end select a Role. You can make any contact as primary.
- Once you’re done, click on the Save button.
- You can add the same contact as many times in Contact role for same opportunity.
Proof of Concept
I want to hear from you!
What did you learn from this post, is it relevant to you, and how will you modify the concepts taught in the post for your own business processes?
Make a post and tag me on Twitter @automationchamp using #AutomationChampionFlow.