Last Updated on October 30, 2021 by Rakesh Gupta
Data Import wizard, that’s provides a unified interface that lets you import data for a number of standard Salesforce objects, including accounts, contacts, leads, and solutions. The Data Import Wizard also lets you import data for custom objects.
Difference between Existing Wizard and Data Import Wizard
Below are the major difference between Data Loader and Data Import Wizard.
|Features||Data Loader||Data Import Wizard|
|Import Record Limit||up to 5 million records||50,000 records at a time|
|Supported objects||Support for all objects, including custom objects||Accounts, Contacts, Leads, Solutions, Campaign members, Person accounts and Custom objects. You can import up to 90 fields per record.|
|Processing Method||SOAP API||Bulk API|
|Schedule Export||Available||Not Available|
|Supported Platform||Windows and Mac||Browser Based|
Prepare CSV file that you want to upload
I want to update Account Name, to do so I created a CSV file, it will loo look like the following screenshot:
Import Records using Import Wizard
To use Data Import Wizard, perform the steps below:
- Click on Setup | Integrations | Data Import Wizard.
- Click on Launch Wizard! button.
- The next step is to select the object, in our case it is Account.
- Now we have to specify whether we want to add new records, update existing records, or add and update records simultaneously.
- Specify your data file by dragging the CSV file to the upload area of the page.
- Click Next.
- Map your data fields to Salesforce data fields. The Data Import wizard maps as many of your data fields as possible to standard Salesforce data fields. But if the wizard can’t map fields, you must do it manually. Unmapped fields are not imported into Salesforce.
- Click Next.
- It will redirect you to Review & Start Import screen, If you are good to go ahead then click on Start Import button.
- This Screen will show all details about mapped fields and unmapped fields.
- Once it’s successfully completed you will get a Pop up with Success message something like below screenshot.
- Once you click on OK button on Success message it will redirect you to a Bulk Data Load Job window, where you can able to find all details about last data Import.
Proof of Concepts
To verify account name, navigate to Account tab and open an account.
I want to hear from you!
What did you learn from this post, is it relevant to you, and how will you modify the concepts taught in the post for your own business processes?
Make a post and tag me on Twitter @automationchamp using #AutomationChampionFlow.