Inspection technologies can streamline manual processes, allow for the gathering of more accurate data, and generate reports faster – so that management can make quicker actionable decisions. Furthermore, inspection solutions increase safety, minimize downtime, and increase asset ROI.
One of the ways to conduct timely and productive inspections is via mobile apps. Utilizing mobile devices to perform inspection-related field operations is not just “a cool alternative to pen, paper and clipboard “though. There’s a lot more to inspections and inspectors than just someone with a notepad filling out checkboxes. The team in the field needs a reliable ‘all-in-one’ tool to run inspections from start to finish.
Before we list down the advanced mobility features to boost your inspection processes, let’s go through the basic ‘must-haves’ for more productive fieldwork & happier inspector.
- Get a list of inspection visits for the day assigned via the app – so there is no need to call the office or go there personally to pick up the schedule.
- Use the built-in calendar and interactive map that shows the appointment for the day to plan it – always know where and when to go next.
- Call up people directly via the app anytime needed
- Check-in when each task starts and checks out at the end
- Start the inspection by filling out a questionnaire, snap a picture, annotate it, and collect a signature in the end.
- Have all related documents, manuals, and images available at your fingertips.
- Work offline – even when the connection is weak or when there is no Internet for
Mobility brings other hidden perks to the inspection software. Especially to those who use Salesforce for any inspection scenario, from Quality Assurance, Safety Inspections to Non-profit initiatives. If you already utilize Salesforce, consider equipping your field inspectors with a next-gen app that offers more than just simple check-lists and surveys. What else can you get? Read the rest of this entry!