Last Updated on May 9, 2022 by Rakesh Gupta
Salesforce delivers tons of new functionalities to Pardot like apply completion actions to subsets of prospects with conditional logic. You also able to share campaigns in Lightning, email bounce reports, and improvements to enhanced landing pages. Plus, get real-time prospect updates in Slack with the new Account Engagement app for Slack. Get more out of Pardot with new objects for Version 5 of the API. Plus, a new endpoint for Global Privacy Control in the Tracking and Consent API.
Currently, the Summer’22 release is available under the pre-release program. On the 06th and 07th of May, Sandboxes will be upgraded, as a result, your organization will get the look and feel of the Summer’22 release. In case you have not read the entire 557 pages of Salesforce Summer’22 release notes, check out the Summer’22 release quick summary written by me.
I combed through the release notes and highlighted the most exciting, interesting, and useful Pardot features. To kick things off, here is my take on the coolest Pardot features from the Summer’22 release.
- Send Slack Notifications with Completion Actions (Generally Available):- Speed up your pipeline and get real-time prospect activity updates in your Slack workspace. Now marketing users can add a completion action that notifies a channel in Slack when prospects interact with marketing assets. Automatically send promising new leads to your sales team, or keep your marketing team updated on important prospect activity.
- First, ask your Slack workspace admin to install the Marketing Cloud Account Engagement app from the Slack App Directory.
- Then, set up the Slack connector in Pardot by adding your Slack workspace and selecting channels.
- After the connector is set up, the Slack notification completion action appears as an option on Pardot assets.
- Automate Better with Completion Action Enhancements:- You can now apply completion actions to a subset of prospects who meet conditions you specify. For example, assign prospects who live in Atlanta to User A and prospects who live in Miami to User B when they fill out your form. Conditional completion actions are grouped based on prospect condition, and you can combine both standard and conditional actions on a single asset.
- On the completion action interface for the asset you’re working with, add a conditional group and specify the prospect condition you want. Then, add at least one conditional action to the group.
- Conditional actions only execute on prospects that meet the criteria for the conditional group they’re in. Use a combination of standard completion actions and conditional completion actions to achieve your automation goals.
- Share Individual Campaigns with Colleagues in Lightning:- Now you can manually share an individual campaign record with another Salesforce user. This Classic feature is now available in Lightning Experience. A campaign owner can set sharing settings and view the sharing hierarchy from the action menu on a campaign record.
- Pardot Drip Programs Are Being Retired:- Pardot’s legacy Drip Programs feature is being retired in June 2022. If you have active Drip Programs, convert them to Engagement Studio programs.
- Review Email Bounce Data in One Report– Open the new Email Bounce report to review all of the bounced email addresses across all your email sends from the past year. Instead of looking at bounced email addresses via individual list email reports, you can see all bounced addresses in one place. The Email Bounce report contains bounced email addresses from Pardot Classic emails, enhanced emails, automated sends, and inbox integrations.
- Get Improved Mailability Insights on List Email Reports:- To give you a more accurate picture of who’s receiving your Pardot emails, list email reports include four new fields. Now you can see total suppressed prospects, total unmailable prospects, and total duplicate prospects on the list email report. Use this information to help you make decisions about your email marketing and prospect management.
- Improvements to Enhanced Landing Page Experience: – The enhanced landing page experience now includes support for iframes in HTML components and several small improvements to the UI. Changes were made on the Landing Page tab, landing page records, and in the builder.
- Iframe support – You can add iframes to the HTML component. A placeholder appears in the canvas that includes the source URL of your iframed content.
- Content is rendered on the landing page after you publish – Changes to image support You can now add a background image inside a row. The image component now supports height and fit options.
- More flexibility on table rows – Column spacing is available in the row component.
- Enhancements to Input attributes – Background color, border, and border color styles in the Input section now apply to checkboxes and radio buttons.
- Infobubbles on the Pardot Form component pane – New infobubbles describe form styling options.
- Enhanced tag support in Code fields – Header and footer code blocks now support <noscript> and comment (<!– />) tags.
- New toast message when copying Code fields – A toast message now appears to confirm that Code block content was copied.
- Support for longer landing page names – The landing page name field now supports 255 characters.
- Changes to Public Link and Unpublish Redirect URL fields – The URLs you enter are now clickable, and error messaging was improved.
- New actions on Landing Page home tab and related list – Row-level actions on the Landing Page tab and the Landing Pages related list on campaigns now include delete, publish, and unpublish.
- Control Your Canvas for Email Templates and Email Content: – You can now widen or narrow the size of the builder canvas for email content and email templates.
- Pardot Classic App Is Being Retired: – The Pardot Classic App is scheduled for retirement in all Salesforce orgs by October 17, 2022. You still have time to migrate to Pardot Lightning app.
- Pardot API: New and Changed Items: – Access more of your data with new and updated objects for version 5 of the Pardot API.
- New Objects in Version 5
- Prospect & List Import – Now supports large scale import of prospects and segments.
- Updated Objects in Version 5
- Prospect – Added read-only field
- Visitor – Added read-only field
- Prospect – Added read-only field
- New Objects in Version 5
I want to hear from you!
Feel free to share in the comments below.