Last Updated on March 21, 2022 by Rakesh Gupta
Big Idea or Enduring Question:
- How to hide the standard New button from the List view?
After reading this blog, you’ll be able to:
- Remove the standard new button from the list views.
- Add or remove a standard button from list views.
- Add or remove a custom button from list views.
Business Use case
Jestilla Zetkin is working as a System administrator at Gurukul On Cloud (GoC). She has received a requirement from her Sales Director to remove the Standard New button from the Lead list views.
Guided Practice (We-do):
To remove the standard new button from the list views, perform the steps below:
- Navigate to Setup | Object Manager | Lead | Search Layouts for Salesforce Classic.
- Edit the List View by selecting the dropdown next to it.
- Uncheck the New[New] from the Standard Buttons list. Use this list view to add or remove any buttons from the list views.
- Once you’re done, click on the Save.
–> Check out the video for step-by-step instructions instead of reading:
Proof of Concept
Now we have successfully removed the New standard button from lead list views.
I want to hear from you!
What is one thing you learned from this post? How do you envision applying this new knowledge in the real world? Feel free to share in the comments below.