Last Updated on October 18, 2021 by Rakesh Gupta
Topics for objects offers a powerful way to crowdsource your company’s key themes and issues. Users can add topics to records to organize them by common themes. When users search for topics, records that they have access to that are tagged with the topic appear in results.
Topics helps to organize records in a better way and make search easier for you. To use Topics for objects Chatter is not required to enable. Administrators must choose which objects to enable. It’s available in all editions. Administrators must choose which custom objects to enable.
Enable Topics for Objects
System Administrator can enable Topics for Objects for Accounts, Assets, Campaigns, Cases, Contacts, Contracts, Files, Leads, Opportunities, Order, Solutions, Tasks, English Articles and Custom objects.
Perform the following steps to enable Topic for Account object:
- Navigate Setup | Feature Settings | Topics | Topics for Objects.
- Select Account object.
- Select Enable Topics option.
- The next step is to select few Text fields that you want to use for topic suggestions. In this scenario, I am going to select the following fields:
- Click Save.
Add Topics to Lightning Records Page
Now we are ready to use Topics for objects for account records. Our next step is to add Topics Component to Account lightning record page:
- Navigate to Setup | Object Manager | Account | Lightning Record Pages and Edit the right page.
- Drag and drop the Topics standard component into place where you would like to add the chart.
- Optionally, you can specify the following details:
- Click Save.
- Click Activate.
Use Topics for search
You can use Topics to filter your list view. In the List View creates a new view and in filter criteria use topics as shown in below image.
Click on Save button and it will show all records that tagged with Topic KeyAccount.
Things to Remember:
- Tags can only contain letters, numbers, spaces, dashes, and underscores, and must contain at least one letter or number.
- . As you enter new tags, up to 10 tags that have already been defined are displayed as auto-complete suggestions.
- The list of suggestions changes to show only those tags that match the prefix you have entered.
I want to hear from you!
What is one thing you learned from this post? How do you envision applying this new knowledge in the real world?
Let me know by Tweeting me at @automationchamp, or find me on LinkedIn.