Last Updated on June 1, 2022 by Rakesh Gupta
What is Two Factor Authentication ?
Once you enable Two Factor Authentication for few web applications like Gmail, Facebook etc. then to access such applications you have to enter your credentials with security code generated by mobile apps or received by SMS.
Authentication Process in Salesforce ?
Currently we have SMS-based and Email-based login verification to activate a computer, In that salesforce is sending 6 digit Pass-code directly to your mobile or email Inbox. Salesforce uses time-based tokens from a supported mobile authenticator app as a form of two-factor authentication to verify users’ identity and prevent unauthorized access to the service during login and whenever a High Assurance security level is required.
What is Lightning Login?
Lightning Login give your users the enhanced speed, convenience, and security of password-free logins. After enabling Lightning Login and assigning the required permission to your users. Afterwards users can enroll for password-free login feature.
What are the Prerequisite?
- Salesforce Authenticator App, To install this app click on Apple App Store link.
Process to Enable Lightning Login?
- Download the Salesforce Authenticator app for your mobile devices.
- Navigate to Setup | Security | Session Settings
- Make sure that Allow Lightning Login is enable.
- The next step is to create a new Permission Set
- The final step is to assign the permission set to all or specific users.
Process to Enroll in Lightning Login
- Now onwards, users can enroll for lightning login by themself. An admin can’t enroll for any user.
- You can navigate to Personal Settings | My Personal information | Advanced User Details
- Click Enroll link next to the Lightning Login field to enroll.
- To connect Salesforce Authenticator open Salesforce Authenticator app on your mobile
- Click on Add an Account option
- Type Two-Word Phrase in Salesforce login Screen and click on Connect.
- At the prompt, check the Salesforce Authenticator notification on your mobile device and approve the request.
Note :- Users can cancel their own enrollment. In personal settings, they go to the Advanced User Details page and click Cancel next to the Lightning Login field.
Proof of Concept
I want to hear from you!
What did you learn from this post, is it relevant to you, and how will you modify the concepts taught in the post for your own business processes?
Make a post and tag me on Twitter @automationchamp using #AutomationChampionFlow.