Last Updated on March 28, 2022 by Rakesh Gupta
Big Idea or Enduring Question:
- How to Download and Install Data Loader for Mac and Windows?
After reading this blog, you’ll be able to:
- Download and Install Zulu Open JDK
- Download and Install Data Loader
- Open Unidentified Developers app on MacBook
Business Use case
Neil Patel is working as a Salesforce Consultant at Gurukul On Cloud (GoC). He just bought a new MacBook and needs some help installing Data Loader on it.
Guided Practice (We-do):
Data Loader is a Desktop based application for bulk import or export of data. You can use this application to insert, update, delete, export a large number of records. Data Loader is only available for Mac and Windows.
Neil will be installing it on MacBook Pro M1 Max, but it’s the same process in a Windows machine.
2 Easy Steps to Install Data Loader
- Download Azul Zulu Builds of OpenJDK
- Install Azul Zulu Builds of OpenJDK
- Download Salesforce Data Loader
- Install Salesforce Data Loader
Check out the YouTube video for step-by-step instructions and some tips:
Points to Remember
- On MacBook, use the installer.command file to install Data Loader.
- On MacBook, use the install.bat file to install Data Loader.
- To find out system requirements for data loader, check out this help article.
I want to hear from you!
What is one thing you learned from this post? How do you envision applying this new knowledge in the real world? Feel free to share in the comments below.