Last Updated on March 31, 2022 by Rakesh Gupta
Big Idea or Enduring Question:
- How to add or remove columns that show up in enhanced related lists?
We often come across the requirement to add or remove fields to enhanced related list in lightning experience. For example,
- Add Next Step field on opportunities related list that shows up under an account.
- Add Secondary Email field on contacts related list that shows up under an account.
- Add Total Price field on quotes related list that show up under an opportunity.
After reading this blog, you’ll be able to:
- Add columns that show up in enhanced related lists
- Remove columns that show up in enhanced related lists
Business Use case
Jestilla Zetkin is working as a System administrator at Gurukul On Cloud (GoC). She has received a requirement from her Sales Director to add the Next Step field on opportunities related list that shows up under an account.
Guided Practice (We-do):
To add or remove the column from the enhanced related list one must have Customize Application system permission. Perform the steps below to fulfill the above requirement:
- Open an Account record in lightning experience.
- Click on Setup | Edit Page.
- Click on the Related List under the Related Tab.
- Navigate to the Opportunities related list
- Move Next Step field from Available Fields pan to Selected Fields pan.
- Save the page layout.
- Make sure to Save the Lightning Record Page.
Points to Remember
- You can include up to 10 fields per related list.
- To display more than four fields in Lightning Experience, edit the related list component in the Lightning App Builder and choose Enhanced List as the related list type.
- It is not possible to customize the History related list because it links to data stored elsewhere.
Proof of Concept
Now we have successfully added the Next Step field to the Opportunities related list on account.
I want to hear from you!
What is one thing you learned from this post? How do you envision applying this new knowledge in the real world? Feel free to share in the comments below.