Last Updated on April 16, 2022 by Rakesh Gupta
Now users can now send Chatter messages to other members of a community. These messages allow you to have secure private chats with other users, and they don’t appear in your feed, your profile, global search results, or any other part of Chatter that’s publicly visible.
Enable Private Messages in Experience Cloud Site
Administrators can enable direct messages in individual experience cloud sites in Administration settings. Perform the steps below to enable direct messages:
- Navigate on Setup | Feature Settings | Digital Experiences | All Sites
- Click Workspace next to the site name
- Click on Administration | Preferences
- Select Enable direct messages (which allow your site users to have secure private conversations with other site users)
To Send Private Message
Perform the steps below instruction to send private messages to other users on the site.
- In Experience Cloud Site, click on the Name | Messages
- Click on the New button.
- Fille the new message form.
- Click Send.
Conversation can involve just one other person, or up to 16 people total, including the sender. Conversation participants are established when someone sends the first message in the conversation. No one can add people or remove people from the conversation after the first message is sent.
I want to hear from you!
What is one thing you learned from this post? How do you envision applying this new knowledge in the real world? Feel free to share in the comments below.