Last Updated on September 10, 2022 by Rakesh Gupta
As Salesforce administrators, we often create, update, delete or convert records; these are time-consuming activities. For example,
- You have got a business use case to create tasks for open opportunities for which the close date is less than a week.
- Your colleague is seeing your help to convert 200 leads.
- You want to define the hierarchy for a selection of Accounts to clean up your org.
The above are just a glimpse of common tasks that we perform regularly. Have you ever thought about the time you’ve spent in such activities? If not, let’s take a minute of pause here and think. I know your head is blown away by all your time spent on these common tasks.
Most of the time, you had performed such activities either using a Data Loader or manually. Have you ever thought about a tool that can be used to save your time and energy to spend some time on new Trailhead badges? If not, it is the right time to do so.
Up to 73% of data generated by businesses goes unused and unanalyzed. That’s the reality in today’s day and age, where most companies find it easy to understand the importance of data but have a tough time converting it into meaningful action. Conceptually, it’s a no-brainer: Data gives executives visibility, understanding, awareness, and the ability to predict and respond to issues that need addressing.
Introducing Plauti Data Action Platform that can solve the above-mentioned use cases in minutes with a few clicks, you can even save such activities as Macro.
DAP, the Data Action Platform, lets your end users, administrators, and developers perform data modification actions in bulk. Give end users access to bulk actions anywhere in your Salesforce org by adding a button to mass edit from list views, and limit this access per user (profile).
The advantages of using the Data Action Platform are as follow:
- Boost productivity and save time – You can run mass delete, update, or convert actions from the list view, boosting your productivity and saving tremendous time. It is easier to find the records you need within seconds by using the extensive filters and adjusting the number of records by running a batch job.
- Drive Salesforce adoption – Do you or your end-users still use Excel or third-party solutions outside of Salesforce to manipulate the data before loading it into Salesforce? It is time now to empower your users by giving them access to mass actions. These can be accessed anywhere in Salesforce, and you can control it by applying permissions per user (profile).
- Smarter revenue operations – Increase the revenue by mass converting the leads at the right time and speed-up opportunity closure time by creating follow-up tasks in bulk. You can also use the action to mass transfer opportunities to the right sales rep to balance the workload and meet the quota faster.
Use Case #1 – Mass Create Tasks
Even if organizations collect the correct data in real-time, you can risk wasting it whenever it’s not made available to the right user. It has to be accessible to those in the best position to act to make data actionable. Moreover, you must take action to fast process such data.
There are several ways to run actions; for example,
- By selecting records from a list view.
- Run a job from the DAP Job tab
- Schedule a DAP job to run at regular intervals
- And much more
Let’s take a business use case here – you just received a requirement to create a task for opportunities if the close date is due Today.
The above video demonstrates how easily you perform a bulk activity to create tasks for multiple opportunities in a few clicks.
The best part was not hardcoded data; you can even use data literals and filters. If this is a daily or otherwise recurring task, you just set-up the job to run at the interval you require.
Use Case #2 – Mass Convert Leads
Converting leads at the right time can speed up deal closure time. Out of the box, Salesforce does offer a button to convert the leads one-by-one.
How about if you want to convert 30 leads. Are you thinking about converting 1 by 1? Nah… The Data Action platform has something for you: Mass Convert action.
Use the Mass Convert action to convert multiple Leads in one go quickly. Leads with a Company Name filled in will convert to Accounts and Contacts, and Leads without a Company Name filled in will convert to Person Accounts.
Now we will convert two leads by using the Mass Convert action.
Remember For Leads with a Company Name filled in:
- Convert to Account: Create new Accounts for all selected Leads based on the Lead Company Name. If you have chosen multiple Leads with the same Company Name, multiple Accounts with the same name will be created.
- Convert to Contact: Create new contacts based on the Lead Name, or ‘Choose Existing’ to add all selected Leads to an existing Contact. With ‘Choose Existing,’ the parent account is updated, except when Shared Contacts is enabled
If each time you convert Leads you use the same settings, you can save time by saving your task as a Macro.
The Data Action Platform app does allow System Administrator to control the action by profile or specific user as well as set a limit on the maximum number of records.
Do you want to give it a try? Install it from Salesforce AppExchange Today by clicking on this link.
I want to hear from you!
What is one thing you learned from this post? How do you envision applying this new knowledge in the real world? Feel free to share in the comments below.