Last Updated on October 19, 2021 by Rakesh Gupta
You likely have tasks that repeat themselves on a regular basis – monthly reports, weekly team meeting, remembering to call your account team.
Instead of creating a new task for each occurrence, give it a recurring due date. When you complete a recurring task, it will automatically reset for the next due date with no extra effort required on your part. A Recurring tasks means is to create a series of identical task with with recurring due dates.
Enable Recurring Tasks In Lightning Experience
This feature is available in all editions of Salesforce except the Personal edition. To enable recurring tasks to perform the steps below:
- Navigate to Setup | Feature Settings | Sales | Activity Settings
- Select Enable Creation of Recurring Tasks checkbox.
- Click Submit.
- The next step is to edit the Task page layout to the following:
- Click Save.
Setup Recurring Task in Lightning Experience
- Open a Task, and click on the Create Follow-Up Task button
- Select Create Recurring Series of Tasks checkbox, this will show the extra options. Such as
- Click Save.
- Look at the icon to distinguish between a Normal Task vs. a Recurring task.
I want to hear from you!
What did you learn from this post, is it relevant to you, and how will you modify the concepts taught in the post for your own business processes?
Make a post and tag me on Twitter @automationchamp using #AutomationChampionFlow.