Last Updated on November 29, 2020 by Rakesh Gupta
If you have multiple developer accounts or you are managing different Sandboxes, so you have to remember all the usernames. This is a headache to remember all username, at least for me. In Spring’14 release, Salesforce introduces a new feature multiple username login hints. This feature extends the existing caching and password auto-complete feature and is enabled by default. Now Salesforce’s login page remembers usernames from past logins, across multiple organizations or custom domains.
This feature is available in Developer, Performance, Enterprise, Professional, Contact Manager, Group and Unlimited editions. This feature helps users to keep a track of their multiple accounts and makes it easier for users to switch from one organization to another.
Enable/Disable this feature for your organization
This feature extends the existing caching and password autocomplete feature, and is enabled by default. To Disable this feature follow the below instruction
1) Click on Name | Setup | Administration Setup | Security Controls | Session Settings.
2 ) unchecked “Enable caching and auto-complete on login page” checkbox as shown in the below image
Note:- This feature isn’t available for Internet Explorer versions earlier than 10.0.
Now it’s time to test this feature
1) Login into Salesforce and select Remember User Name checkbox, same like below image
2) After a successful attempt, Salesforce will redirect you to your Salesforce organization landing page.
3) Now Log out from your organization, You can take help from the below image
4) Next time whenever you type login url, in my case “https://prerelna1.pre.salesforce.com/” Salesforce will redirect you to a page from where you can select a username or you can Login with a different user name, Something like the below image
Note:- Active sessions for multiple organizations do not require the users to log in again; they can simply
select the username to switch to the other organization. Otherwise, the password field appears for the user to log in. The above Screen only come if you selected Remember User Name for multiple usernames, In case of the single username you will land on the default page from where you can select Saved User name (s), Same as the below image
To Remove username from login hints follow the below instruction
1) Login into Salesforce in my case url “https://prerelna1.pre.salesforce.com/“, it will redirect you to Similar page like below image and click on Edit
2) Click on cross (marked in red in below image) to remove username from login hints, Once done click on Back link to go back to previous screen
Announcement:- If you like this blog or you have a question please leave your comments, I’ll try to answer it. Thanks for your time to read my article.