Last Updated on June 1, 2022 by Rakesh Gupta
If you have multiple developer accounts or you are managing different Sandboxes, so you have to remember all the usernames. This is a headache to remember all username, at least for me. Salesforce introduces a new feature multiple username login hints. This feature extends the existing caching and password auto-complete feature and is enabled by default. Now Salesforce’s login page remembers usernames from past logins, across multiple organizations or custom domains.
This feature is available in Developer, Performance, Enterprise, Professional, Contact Manager, Group and Unlimited editions. This feature helps users to keep a track of their multiple accounts and makes it easier for users to switch from one organization to another.
Enable Caching and Autocomplete on Login page
This feature extends the existing caching and password autocomplete feature, and is enabled by default. To Disable this feature follow the below instruction
- Navigate on Setup | Security | Session Settings.
- Select Enable caching and auto-complete on login page checkbox, as shown in the below image
Proof of Concept
- Login into Salesforce and select Remember me checkbox
- After a successful attempt, Salesforce will redirect you to your Salesforce organization landing page.
- Next time whenever you type login url, in my case “https://prerelna1.pre.salesforce.com/” Salesforce will redirect you to a page from where you can select a username or you can Log In with a Different Username, similar to the below screenshot:
To Remove username from login hints follow the below instruction
- Login into Salesforce using custom url, it will redirect you to Similar page like below image and click on Edit List
- Click on cross to remove username from login hints, Once done click on Save link to go back to previous screen.
I want to hear from you!
What is one thing you learned from this post? How do you envision applying this new knowledge in the real world? Feel free to share in the comments below.