Last Updated on May 30, 2017 by Rakesh Gupta
In Salesforce Queue and Public Group represent group of users. We can add any number of users to Queue or public group. There is no limitation on the number of members per Public Group. Now start with a business requirement.
Use Case:- Rakesh Gupta is Salesforce administrator in Universal Container, and business requirement is add one user named “Test User “ to all available queues in the organization.
If Number of queues in the organization is less then 10 or 20 you can do this via Salesforce UI, but Imagine If you have more then 300 queues in your organization then it’s very frustrating to add user to all queues though Salesforce UI. Use data Loader to mass add user to queues Today I will give you the brief about how to add Members into the Queues through Data Loader. Before proceed to next step first install data Loader in your workstation. To Add user in to queues follow the below steps 1) Open You Data Loader and click on Export, It will ask you to Login into data loader by using your credentials ( User Name :- Salesforce User Name, Password :- Your Password followed by security token)
2) Once you logged into data loader select “Show all Salesforce objects”
3) Then Select Queue Sobject (QueueSobject) to export list of queues with ID, Choose a target for store extract file as shown in below Screen shot
4) Click on Next, and in the query editor screen select QueueId and click on Finish, as shown in below image
5) Open Your extract file add new column (Member ID – ID of user that you want to add into queue). It will look like something below screen
6) Now click on Upsert button on Data Loader to add user in these three queues.
7) Select “Show all Salesforce objects”, then Select object “Group member (GroupMember)” , Choose Quote.csv that you created in last step and click on Next.you can take help from below Screen shot
Note:- You can use same Group member (GroupMember) to add members into the Public Groups.
8) In The mapping screen map GroupID –> QueueID, MemeberID –> memeber or group ID. Similar as below screen shot
9) Click on Next, Select location for Success and Error file. 10) If you want to verify go to any queue and check user name in the Queue detail page.