Last Updated on May 9, 2022 by Rakesh Gupta
With each new release, Salesforce is adding tons of new functionalities to Lightning Experience. Which makes you more productive and helps you to provide a better customer experience.
Currently, the Spring’22 release is available under the pre-release program. On the and 07th of January, Sandboxes will be upgraded, as a result, your organization will get the look and feel of the Spring’22 release. In case you have not read the entire 540 pages of Salesforce Spring’22 release notes, check out the Spring’22 release quick summary and Pardot Winter’22 Release: Top 10 Features written by me.
I combed through the release notes and highlighted the most exciting, interesting, and useful Lightning Experience features. Since Lightning Experience is getting faster and better with every release, it was a challenge to stop at just ten! To kick things off, here is my take on the coolest Lightning features from the Spring’22 release.
- Reduce Management Overhead with a Single Bot and NLP Model that Speaks Multiple Languages:- Accelerate bot expansion with Multilingual Einstein Bots. Now, with a single bot that includes translations across multiple languages, reduce management overhead by allowing admins to maintain a single bot and NLP model, instead of one per language.
- Get Activity and Engagement Details in Pipeline Inspection:- Sales reps and managers can now dig in deep about how a deal is progressing. Insights related to activities help sales teams know what’s been done and what’s up next. And aggregate activity counts help sales managers understand the deal activity.
- Monitor Your Slowest Desktop Record Pages: – Discover which pages are taking too long to load. A new prompt in the Lightning App Builder takes you to the Lightning Usage App, which lists the desktop record pages with a median estimated performance time (EPT) of 4 seconds or longer.
- Easily Find the Right Report Type for New Reports (Beta): – Take the guesswork out of report type selection when creating a report. With the enhanced report type selector, quickly access recently used report types and view the fields and objects that are included. See at a glance which reports types are standard or custom and keep the number of available report types manageable by hiding ones that you don’t need.
- Say Hello to the Digital Experiences App in Lightning Experience: – After we started adding new Digital Experiences settings to the Salesforce CMS app in Lightning Experience, it didn’t make sense to keep on calling it CMS anymore. So to keep in line with the Setup menu, we changed the name of the Salesforce CMS app to Digital Experiences. Now, in addition to managing your content, you can use this app to see your site’s details and the underlying framework that it’s using and to archive or unarchive your site.
- Use the app launcher to access the Digital Experiences app (1).
- For consistency, Salesforce renamed CMS Home to Digital Experiences Home (2), and
- the All Experiences and CMS Experiences tabs are now called All Sites (3).
- Predict Future Contact Center Staffing Needs and Ensure Teams are Staffed to Meet Demands.: – Contact centers can now forecast work volume and create resource plans for up to 12 months. Workforce Engagement: Long-Term Forecasting & Planning allows companies to predict the headcount necessary to meet future demands and hire to close staffing gaps.
- Experience a More Efficient Collaborative Forecasts Setup: – Now available in Lightning Experience only, Forecasts Settings has a whole new look and feel. We brought Forecast Types and Forecasts Settings together so that you get everything on one page. And we added a range of resources to help you get started. Setup’s never been easier.
- Access Transcripts for Voice and Video Calls:- With Einstein Conversation Insights Enhancements, easily navigate voice and video conversations using transcripts. Use keywords to skip ahead to coachable moments. Click on relevant sections to dig deeper and hear what happened on the call.
- Simplify Incident Management Setup with Preconfigured Page Layouts:- Roll out Incident Management to your users and resolve incidents faster with default Incident, Problem, and Change Request page layouts. Each layout has default Lightning components that can include a Highlights Panel, Record Detail, Details Panel, Chatter, Related Lists, Milestones, Knowledge, Actions & Recommendations, and Work Plans. Your users then can understand the incident scope, track steps to resolution, access knowledge, and recommendations, and resolve the incident, all without manual configuration.
- Help reps and managers engage customers with sales plays and automation:- High-Velocity Sales Enhancements enable sellers and managers to orchestrate Salesforce-recommended or team-customized sales plays and simple automation without submitting a ticket to IT. Automation embedded in HVS also powers Slack alerts for sales. The Sales Cadences from the Salesforce folder contains these sales cadences:
- Initiate Contact with New Prospects
- Recover a Lost Opportunity
- Reengage Dormant Prospects
- Follow Up on Interested Prospects
- Set Up a Meeting
- Nurture Existing Customers
- Follow Up with Prospects from Event
- Onboard New Customers
- Nurture Accounts Through Sales Rep Transition
- Nurture Accounts Through Renewal
Additional enhancements are worth noting!
- Edit Multiple Fields Inline on the Report Run Page (Beta): – Now you can update statuses and clean up data without rerunning your reports. Save time while staying up to date by editing multiple records inline on the report run page. Make inline changes in multiple rows or columns, and then save all the changes with a single click. It’s a perfect way to update multiple statuses or clean up data without having to rerun your report.
- From Setup, in the Quick Find box, enter Reports and Dashboards, and then select Reports and Dashboards Settings. Select Enable Inline Editing in Reports (Lightning Experience only), and save your changes.
- Now open the report. You can edit any field that shows a pencil icon when you hover. When you apply an edit, the background color changes to indicate that a new value is stored. You can change additional fields in the same row or a different row.
- Exclude Specific Accounts from Territory Assignment Rules: – Preserve territory assignments for selected accounts when you run assignment rules in Enterprise Territory Management. For example, within California, you have several accounts that must remain with their existing sales team and territory due to customer preference.
- Using the Territory2ObjectExclusion object, add a list of records that include the account and territory IDs you want to exclude from territory assignment rules. The next time you run the territory assignment rules, these accounts aren’t assigned to identified territories even when the accounts meet the assignment rule criteria.
- Allow Employees to Easily Request Products and Services from any Department: – Employees can now easily request products and services from any department with a simple menu. Powered by out-of-the-box workflows, Service Catalog automates common employee requests, reducing operating costs and increasing agent efficiency.
- Available with the purchase of Work.com Employee Productivity – Plus OR IT Service Center – Endpoint Management.
I want to hear from you!
Let me know by Tweeting me at @automationchamp, or find me on LinkedIn.