Last Updated on October 17, 2021 by Rakesh Gupta
Business Use Case
Pamela Kline is working as a System administrator at Universal Containers. She has received a requirement to auto-populate the account field when creating a new Task from Contact.
Guided Practice (We-do):
To create a quick action, perform the steps below:
- Navigate to Setup | Object Manager | Contacts | Buttons, Links and Actions and then click on New Action.
- Enter Label the Name will auto-populate.
- The next step is to predefined the field values
- Click on the New button
- Define the field value for RelatedTo
- Define the field value for Name
- In the end, it will look like the following screenshot:
- Make sure to add Quick action to related lightning page. For help, please refer Dynamic Actions – Taking User Experience to the Next Level in Lightning Experience, indeed!!
I want to hear from you!
What did you learn from this post, is it relevant to you, and how will you modify the concepts taught in the post for your own business processes?
Make a post and tag me on Twitter @automationchamp using #AutomationChampionFlow.
4 thoughts on “Create a Task from Contact and Populate Account Using Quick Action”
Hello Rakesh. Thanks for the great tutorial. Have you been able to replicate this same approach in Lightning? Or is it not possible in Lightning? — Thanks
Thanks for your kind words, Tom!
I would suggest you – use “Quick Action” and if required use Process Builder behind the scene.
Isn’t it 00T instead of 003 for a new task?
Thanks…this blog solved my problem