Big Idea or Enduring Question:
How do you create a customer-facing survey in Salesforce using out-of-the-box features?
The survey helps you to drive your business forward by using a survey tool to capture the voices and opinions of the people who matter most to you. Some of the common types of surveys are:
- Customer Satisfaction Survey – How satisfied are your customers? This type of survey will allow you to connect easily with your customers and get direct feedback from them.
- Net Promoter Score Survey – The Net Promoter Score survey consists of a two-part questionnaire. The first part asks your customers to rate – the rating question – your business, product, or service on a scale of 0 to 10. The second question is a follow-up, open-ended question as to why the specific score was given.
- Employee Survey – Employees are the most important asset of any company, so their feedback is important. An online survey is a quick, convenient & cost-saving way to do this.
- Product Survey – To make your product the best it can be, it is important to get feedback from your customers. A product feedback survey will provide you with valuable information.
- Market Research Survey – The great thing about an online survey is that you can reach a worldwide audience to maximize the impact of your market research and collect a wide range of answers.
Salesforce offers survey features which include 300 responses after that you have to purchase it. Refer Salesforce help article for more information. There are a few apps available on AppExchange for this purpose. In this article, we will create automation that allows the system administrators to create surveys in Salesforce using Salesforce Flow, Force.com Site, Visualforce Page, and Lightning Component.
After reading this blog, you’ll be able to:
- Create a screen with few screen components
- Automatically stores survey results in a custom object
- Open survey to people outside of your Salesforce org
- How to use Lightning Email Template in an Email Alert
Business Use Case
Sergio Armendariz is an App Developer at GurukulOnCloud (GoC). He received a requirement to create a survey that can be filled by anyone on this planet without giving them Salesforce access. The survey must contain the following fields:
- Options – 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
They also want to send out a thank you email to participants.
Automation Champion Approach (I-do):
There are a few possible solutions for the above business scenario. However, our purpose, in this blog, is to learn Flow and its advanced/new features. Therefore, we will use Salesforce Flow, Force.com Site, Visualforce Page, and Lightning Component to solve the above business requirement.
Before discussing it, let me show you a diagram of a Process Flow at a high level. Please spend a few minutes to go through the following Flow diagram and understand it.
Let’s begin building this automation process.
Guided Practice (We-do):
There are 7 steps to solve Sergio’s business requirement using Salesforce Flow. We must: Read the rest of this entry!