Big Idea or Enduring Question:
What if you could customize the Previous, Next, Finish, and Pause button label for Screen Flow? Ya, why endure mundane when we can jazz things up!! Let us do it!
A Screen Element allows you to take users’ input and process it – yes, one can write custom logic to process user-entered data. However, as opposed to Record-Triggered Flow or Scheduled-Triggered Flow – which doesn’t have the capability to take user input and process it – Salesforce Screen Flow can take user-entered data and process it further! So, let us harness the power of Salesforce Screen Flows – every drop, one at a time!
Like everything else in life, Salesforce’s Screen Flow’s power comes with some limitations – like, it doesn’t provide the ability to customize the Previous, Next, Finish and Pause buttons.
Held back by limits? Us? No, way! So, in this article, I will show you how you can create a Lightning component that will allow you to customize the button labels.
After reading this article, you will be able to:
- Make your custom aura components available to Screen Flows
- Clone an existing Flow
- Reference aura component in a Screen Flow
- Customize labels of Previous, Next, Finish, and Pause buttons
Business Use Case
Brenda David, an awesome System administrator at Gurukul on Cloud (GoC), created a flow that allows users – with the role of Direct Sales Director – to add or remove followers from a record. Then, Brenda received the following requirements:
- Change the Next button label to Done.
- Change the Pause button label to Save and Continue Later.
Automation Champion Approach (I-do):
To solve the above business use case, we will modify the Screen Flow Created for this article.
Before discussing the solution, let me show you a diagram of a Process Flow at a high level. Please spend a few minutes to go through the following Flow diagram and understand it.
Please go through these articles first:
- Getting Started with Salesforce Flow – Part 55 (Add or Remove Followers to a Record with the Help of Salesforce Flow)
- Create and Edit Aura Components (Source Trailhead)