Articles those I published current & previous week
1) Password Policies Enhancement In Summer14 release (Summer’14 enhancement)
2) Auto Remove Followers From Closed Opportunity (Flow Trigger)
3) Control Manual Sharing for User Records (Summer’14 enhancement)
4) Post to Chatter by sending an email (Flow Trigger)
Formula to Calculate the # of Days a Case is Open
Have you ever wanted to calculate the number of days that a case has been open? This short video walks you through constructing a formula that will calculate the number a days it took to close a case , or if the case is still open, how many days have passed since it was first opened.
Accessing the Email Field from a Lookup Object
Have you ever wanted to use a field from a lookup object on its child object? For example, accessing the email field on a lookup object in a workflow that is based on the child object? This video walks you through just such a scenario. We have a script object that looks up to the writer object where the email is stored. Using a series of formulas and fields, we create a workflow that sends an email to the writer that is triggered by a value on the script object.
Tip #1 – Override New Button and skip Record Type selection option
Salesforce allows you to override New button for standard and custom objects with Visualforce Page. If the object has some record type defined and assigned to profile, then after overrode also it will show record type selection page. To skip record type selection page after override follow the below instructions, In this demo I will override New button from case object
1) Click on Name | Setup | App Setup | Customize | Cases | Buttons, Links and Actions
2) Click on Edit link available near to New button as shown in the below screenshot
3) Navigate to Override Properties Section select Visualforce page and then select a value for Skip Record Type Selection Page checkbox as shown in the below screenshot
Note :- Check-box “Skip Record Type Selection Page” is only available if you have some record type defined for that particular object.
Salesforce.com Summer’14 Key Dates
Today is sandbox preview day!, if you’ve chosen to take part in the Summer’14 sandbox preview, your sandbox is now upgraded to Summer’14. To get the access of Summer ’14 Pre-Release org sign up now. It has all the new release features so that you can test them and figure out which ones are right for you. Important changes to sign up for pre-release org that you will love is
1) you can sign up for different Salesforce editions i.e Group, Professional, Enterprise and Developer
2) you can sign ups for multiple pre-release org with same email address . Before that we were following “Salesforce Pre-Release Registration” method (Blog Written By – Johan Yu) to sign-up for multiple pre-release org.
Few Important dates are :-
June 6th – Sandboxes upgraded
June 17th and 18th – Release readiness live broadcast
June 20th – NA1 upgraded
June 27th – Release training available
July 7th – The second release weekend
July 18th – The final release weekend
Join the cloud computing community at an event& webinars near you
Salesforce.com events and webinars are a great way to meet and learn from other Salesforce enthusiasts. Want to know about the Salesforce upcoming event and webinar then browse below url
Below are the list of few upcoming events and webinars