Currently, the Summer’21 release is available under the pre-release program. On the and 07th & 08th of May, Sandboxes will be upgraded, as a result, your organization will get the look and feel of the Summer’21 release. In this release, you will find lots of new features, as well as, new enhancements related to Lightning Experience, Salesforce Flow, Lightning Web Component, Apex, Experience Cloud, Pardot, Quip, Tableau CRM, and APIs.
For example, features like Extend Salesforce with Functions (Beta), Introducing SQL for Tableau CRM (Beta), Access CMS Content with an LWC Wire Adapter, Secure Apex Code with User Mode Database Operations (Pilot), and Monitor Changes to Permission Sets and Permission Set Groups (Pilot), Access Salesforce Data Without Data Sync Using Direct Data (Pilot) is now available in Lightning Experience.
Also, check out these beta and pilot features:
- Control Access to Sensitive Data with Restriction Rules (Beta): – Secure your data and boost productivity by permitting your users to see only the records necessary for their job function. Create restriction rules to control which subset of records you allow specified groups of users to see. Restriction rules are available for custom objects, contracts, tasks, and events. You can create and manage restriction rules via the Tooling and Metadata APIs. They provide another layer of access control on top of your existing sharing settings and let you configure truly private visibility.
- Without restriction rules, users with access to an account can see its contracts, tasks, and events, even when the organization-wide default is set to Private. For custom objects, users can see all detail records. Restriction rules let you configure truly private access for these objects.
- Connect Your Customers to the Right Service Agents Using Omni-Channel Flow (Beta): – Now you can manage complex routing processes from a centralized location to create efficient, flexible, and productive service experiences.
- Track Users’ Progress with In-App Learning Reports (Beta): – Now it is easier to determine the effectiveness of your training program by creating custom reports and dashboards to monitor user engagement with In-App Learning. You can track which users are engaging with which Trailhead and myTrailhead modules, how long they’re taking to complete assigned modules, and more. Reporting for In-App Learning focuses on Trailhead and myTrailhead modules. You can’t report on user engagement with custom learning items.
- Set Expirations for Assignments on Permissions in Permission Sets and Permission Set Groups (Beta): – When assigning users to a permission set or permission set group, select expiration dates that you specify. Control when a user’s permissions expire based on your business requirements.
- You can set an expiration date for a permission set or permission set group using the API.
- To use the user interface with assignment expiration options for permission set groups, enable Permission Set Group Assignments with Expiration Dates (Beta) in User Management Settings. Then, when you assign users to a permission set group, select the expiration options that you want. You can also select no expiration date as an option. Read the rest of this entry!