The new Lightning Process Builder is a combination of FlowandWorkflow rule.In another word, we can say that it’s the next level of Workflow rule, which allows us to automate the business process by creating Processes with point-and-click. Process builder is only available in Enterprise,Unlimited,Performance and Developer editions. The process builder supports several different types of actions, one of them isUpdate Records. AfterSummer’15release, when you update records in your process, you can now filter the records using conditions. Let’s start with a business use case
Business Use case
Steven Greene is working as System administrator at Universal Containers (UC). He has received a requirement from the management,whenever a quote is accepted by the customer, then auto update related quotes from the same Opportunity to Denied.
Solution for the above business requirement
There are a few possible solutions for the above business scenario, but I’ll useProcess Builder to solve the above business requirement. Follow the below instructions to create a Process for the above business requirement
1. Click on Name | Setup | App Setup | Create | Workflows & Approvals | Process Builder
2. To create a new process from scratch, click on theNew Button available on Process Management page, A popup will appear where you have to enter the Name (Use Update related quotes to Denied as name), API Name and Description as shown in the below screenshot
Define Process Properties
3. Click onObjectnode to add object and then selectQuoteobject. For the entry criteria, Select when a record is created or edited, as shown in the below screenshot, once you are done click on theSave button
4. The next task is to add ProcessCriteria, To do this click on Add Criteria, enter Name, Type of action and set filter conditions(In this case set [Quote].Status Equals Accepted) and click on the Save button as shown in the following screenshot
5. The next step is to addan Immediate action to Process. Click onAdd Action(Under Immediate actions), Select the type of action to create (In our case Update Records). Use Field Picker to select the object as shown in the following screenshot to select the object
Select related quote object
Then selectUpdated records meet all conditionsoption for field Criteria for Updating Records, as shown in the following screenshot
Define Additional Conditions
The next step is to set the conditions that you want to use to filter out the records and at the end set new field values for the records you update, as shown in the following screenshot
Add Action – Update Records
6. Once you are done, click on theSave button, it will redirect you to Process canvas. Finally, theProcess will look like the following screenshot
Don’t forget to active the Process by clicking on the Activatebutton.
Today Salesforce publishedSummer’15 release(Preview) notes. TheSummer’15release ofSalesforce.com is now in available underpre-releaseprogram. On 08th and09th MaySandboxes will be upgraded so that your organization gets the look and feel ofSummer’15release. In this release you can find lot’s of enhancement related to Salesforce1 and Process Builder. The Data Loader, an easy-to-use graphical tool that helps you import, export, update, and delete Salesforce data, is now available for Mac OS X.BigObjects(Pilot) is a new capability to let you store and manage data at scale on the Salesforce platform.BigObjects (Pilot)helps you engage directly with customers by preserving all your historical customer event data. Comply with Data Protection Requirements UsingPlatform Encryption(Generally Available). With Platform Encryption, sensitive field data (Encrypt files and attachments,Encrypt certain Standard and Custom fields) are masked to limit who can see the information. Controls help to protect your data. These controls include the use of derived data encryption keys and customer-controlled key rotation, generation, and destruction processes. Support for Microsoft® Internet Explorer® versions 7 and 8 is discontinued as ofSummer’15. Below are the quick summary ofSummer’15release from user’s / customer’s
Customer/User’s Point of view:–
1. Ability to convert leads to Contact from Salesforce1 app (Generally Available): – Now Sales reps can convert, qualified leads to contacts and create opportunities on the fly which helps sales reps to grow their revenue pipeline. When sales reps use Salesforce1 to convert leads to existing contacts, they can choose to keep lead sources from the existing contacts or replace the lead sources with the ones from the converted leads. This option is available in all versions of Salesforce1. To enable this feature follow the path Setup | Build | Customize | Leads | Settings and select Enable Conversions on the Salesforce1 App check-box as shown in the following screenshot
Convert leads from Salesforce1
2.Data Loader for Mac:- The Data Loader, an easy-to-use graphical tool that helps you import, export, update, and delete Salesforce data, is now available for Mac OS X. To download the Mac version of Data Loader follow the path Setup | Administer | Data Management | Data Loader
Data Loader Setup
3. Setup Assistant for Newly Activated Organizations:- Its help you to complete basic configurations and get critical sales data into Salesforce, so you can get your sales teams up and running quickly. Setup Assistant helps you import data and customize your sales stages all through easy-to-use wizards. And we’ve included helpful videos to get you and your teams on the way to increasing sales in Salesforce. For the first ninety days in newly activated Salesforce organizations, you see a prompt to get you started
4.Edit Feed Posts and Comments : – Now you can edit your own feed posts. Record owners can edit any post on records they own, no matter who created the post. Administrators can edit posts and grant editing rights to specific individuals. To enable this feature follow the path Setup | Build | Customize | Chatter | Settings and select Allow users to edit posts and commentscheck-box, please see the following screenshot for more details
Edit Chatter posts and Comments
Salesforce1 users can’t edit feed posts or comments. Feed items edited in the full site do appear in Salesforce1.
5 Increased character limit for Chatter group information field:-The character limit for the Information field in groups is now increased to 4,000 characters. The previous limit was 1,000 characters. This increase in characters allows you to share more information with group members and nonmembers looking for details on the group page.
6 Unified User Digest (Beta):- Now you can redesign user digest email that’s more mobile friendly, better organized, and better coordinated with group digests.It helps you to improve the user experience by creating a custom compact layout (Organize Posts organized, Group picture etc) by priority for user digest. Contact your account executive or open a case with Support to enable the unified user digest beta.
7 Choose the Logout Page for Salesforce Users : –Now you can direct users to a specific logout destination that maintains your own branding experience after they log out of Salesforce or, send them to a specific authentication provider’s page. To enable this service follow the path Setup | Administer | Security Controls | Session Settings, navigate to Logout Page Settings section and set theLogout URL of the custom logout page.
Logout page settings
8 Enforce login IP ranges on every request: – The Enforce login IP ranges on every request Session Settings option restricts the IP addresses from which users can access Salesforce to only the IP addresses defined in Login IP Ranges. To enable this service follow the path Setup | Administer | Security Controls | Session Settings, and select Enforce login IP ranges on every requestcheck-box, as shown in the following screenshot
Enforce login IP ranges on every request
9.Administrators Can Log in as Any User :- Administrators withModify All Datapermission and delegated administrators withView Setup and Configuration permission can log in as any user without asking end users to grant access. Previously, this option was available only if Salesforce enabled the Administrators Can Log in as Any User setting for your organization. To enable this service follow the path Setup | Administer | Security Controls | Login Acces Policies and select Administrators Can Log in as Any User check-box, as shown in the following screenshot
Administrators Can Log in as Any User
10.Number of Custom Profiles Allowed:- To ensure better performance, your organization can have up to 1,500 custom profiles per user license type. If your organization has too many custom profiles, consider using permission sets to grant additional permissions and access settings to the users who need them.
11.Merge, Rename, or Delete Topics in Communities: – As the number of topics in your community grows, curate them to improve usability. In Community Management, you can merge, rename, and delete topics in one convenient location. AfterSummer’15release, topic merging is fully featured, now including topic-following and endorsement data.
Topic Management for Community
12.Partner and Customer Users Can Now Read, Create, and Edit Ideas : – AfterSummer’15release Customer Community, Customer Community Plus, and Partner Community licenses users can have read, create, and edit permission on ideas. Previously, partner and customer users could only read and create ideas.
13.Partner Users Can Now Read, Create, and Edit Campaigns: – AfterSummer’15release a Partner Community license can have read, create, and edit permission on campaigns. Previously, partner users could only read campaigns.
14.Choose from 59 New Locales :- Your locale settings determine the display formats for date and time, users’ names, addresses, and whether to use commas or periods in numbers. Salesforce now offers a broader range of locales.
Developer Point of view:-
1. Choose Which Tests to Run in a Deployment : – Test levels enable you to have more control over which tests are run in a deployment. To shorten deployment time to production, run a subset of tests when deploying Apex components. As part of this change, therunAllTestsdeployment option is now replaced withtestLevel. You can choose which tests to run in a deployment by setting the desired test level.
2. Access Any Data Anywhere with the Lightning Connector Apex Framework:-Use the Apex Connector Framework to develop your own custom adapter when the other available Lightning Connect adapters aren’t suitable for your needs. The custom adapter can retrieve data from external systems and synthesize data locally. Lightning Connect then represents that data in Salesforce external objects, which your users and the Force.com platform interact with.
3. View Query Plan Notes in Developer Console :- You can now view notes on your query plans in the Developer Console’s Query Editor. Salesforce displays all notes that are available for your highest-ranked query plan.To enable the Query Plan button in the Query Editor, click on Help | Preferences, set Enable Query Plan to true, and then click Save. The Notes pane displays in your Query Plan results
4. New Code Coverage Calculation for Multiline Statements :- Code coverage has changed for statements that are written on multiple lines. Each line that contains an expression is now included in the code coverage calculation for covered and uncovered code. Previously, a multiline statement was calculated as one line of code in code coverage. This change affects all API versions. As a result of this change, code coverage numbers can sometimes be calculated differently from the calculation done in Summer’15.
5. Reorder Your Batch Jobs in the Flex Queue Programmatically:- New Apex methods enable you to automate the prioritization of jobs in the flex queue. Previously, administrators could reorder jobs in the flex queue only from the user interface. For example, to move a job in the flex queue, call the System.moveFlexQueueJob() method and pass it the job ID and the new position.
6. Visual Flow Enhancement :- There are several enhancements in Visual workflow, those are followings
A) Verify Picklist Values in a Flow:- You can now create flow variables to represent picklist or Multi-Select Picklist values. Salesforce also added support for the ISPICKVAL() function in flow formulas.
Picklist Value in Flow
B) Immediately Delete a Flow Version :- After you deactivate a flow version, you no longer have to wait 12 hours before you delete can it. Now you can delete a flow version as long as it isn’t active and doesn’t have paused or waiting interviews. If a flow version has paused or waiting interviews, wait for those interviews to finish or delete them.
C) Reference Global Variables in a Flow:- Visual Workflow now supports a subset of Salesforce global variables. Reference a global variable to access information about your organization or the user who’s running flow without using a query. Previously, you could access some of this information through lookup elements. However, unlike lookup elements, global variables don’t count against SOQL query limits. To add a global variable to a flow formula, open the Resources drop-down list and expand the SYSTEM GLOBAL VARIABLES section, as shown in the following screenshot
Reference Global Variables in a Flow
D) See the Path That a Flow Interview Took Before It Failed (Beta) :- When a flow interview fails, the flow creator receives an email with the subject “Unhandled process fault occurred…”. The email provides a message describing what went wrong. We added a list of every flow element that the interview executed so that you can see the exact path the interview took.
7. Process Builder Enhancement :- There are several enhancements in Prcoess Builder, those are followings
A) Compare and Return Values in Formulas:- Use newly supported functions to compare and return values in the Process Builder. These new functions are now available to use in formulas.
B) Update Fields Using Formulas and Date Functions :- When your process updates fields, you can now use formulas and date functions as the value, as shown in the following screenshot
Update Fields Using Formulas and Date Functions
C) Immediately Delete a Process :- After you deactivate a process, you no longer have to wait 12 hours before you delete it. Now you can delete a process, as long as it:
Doesn’t have any pending scheduled actions
D) Define Additional Conditions When Updating Records :- When you update records in your process, you can now filter the records you’re updating using conditions. To add conditions in an Update Records action, please checkout the following screenshot
Define Additional Conditions When Updating Records
E) Use Multi-Select Picklists in More Places :- Previously, multi-select picklists were supported only when creating and updating records. Now you can also use multi-select picklists in process criteria, formulas, and quick actions.
8. Reduced Access for Apex Classes Using with sharing Keyword :- Apex classes defined with the with sharing keyword no longer have unfiltered access to the User object if it’s set to private by the organization’s sharing rules. This change also applies to the Visualforce standard controller. Since this is documented behavior, this change shouldn’t affect pages that use standard controllers.
9. Streamline Managed Packages by Deleting Unused Components :- When updating a managed package, you can now delete permission sets and custom settings. By removing components that are no longer used by the app, you reduce its complexity and help create a more streamlined user experience for your customers.
10.See Which Apps, Tabs, and Objects Count Toward Organization Limits :- The number of custom apps, tabs, and objects that you can create or install in your organization depends on your edition and set of products purchased. You can now easily track how many you’ve used in your installed packages and how close you are to the limit for each.
Count Toward Organization Limits
1. Customize Actions in the Salesforce1 Action Bar:- Now you can assign a different set of actions in the Salesforce1 mobile app than you have in Salesforce. For all of the Salesforce1 apps, you can customize the selection and order of quick actions, productivity actions, and standard and custom buttons, in the action bar and for list item actions, on an object-by-object basis.
Salesforce1 Action Bar
2. Receive In-App Notifications about Posts to Groups :- If Salesforce1 in-app notifications is enabled for your organization then mobile users can learn about new posts in groups they’re members of even if they aren’t specifically mentioned with a new in-app notification type for all versions of Salesforce1. Mentions and new comments in group feeds don’t trigger notifications.
3. Use Global Search to Find Information in Feed Posts:- Salesforce1 mobile browser app users can now use global search in the header () to find posts in the All Company Chatter feed. Searching the feed with global search is a little different than searching other objects. The search page doesn’t show a list of recently viewed posts, the app doesn’t start looking for matching posts while a user is typing keywords in the search box, and the action bar doesn’t display at the bottom of the search results page.
4. Add Multiple Topics to a Post:- While adding topics to posts, Salesforce1 mobile browser app users can quickly separate multiple topic names with commas or the Tab key.
5. Mobile Dashboards for iPad App No Longer Supported :- With theSummer’15release, the Mobile Dashboards for iPad app will be removed from the App Store and will no longer be supported by Salesforce.
6. Increase Productivity with Rich Text Meeting Notes (Beta):- Notes is an enhanced version of the original Salesforce note-taking tool that lets your mobile users take better notes faster. Notes is available in the Salesforce1 mobile browser app (except on BlackBerry devices), the Salesforce1 downloadable app for Android and iOS devices.
7. See File Fields on Articles :- After Summer’15 release agents and customers can now see file field content when viewing articles in the Salesforce1 mobile browser app.
8. Manage Group Members from Related Lists:- After Summer’15release group owners and managers can do more to manage group members directly from Members related lists using Salesforce1. Swipe left on a name to remove the member or change their role from member to manager.
9.Key Fields Automatically Update When Changing an Opportunity’s Stage:- Updating the sales stage, either in the Opportunity record or the Sales Path, automatically updates the Forecast Category and Probability %. Previously, users needed to manually refresh the page for these fields to update.
10. New Reporting REST API Resources:- You can now save, clone, and delete reports, and delete dashboards using the new Reporting REST API resources.