Currently, Winter’19 release is available under the pre-release program. On the 7th and 8th of September, Sandboxes will be upgraded; as a result, your organization will get the look and feel of Winter’19 release. In this release, you will find lots of new features, as well as, new enhancements related to Lightning Experience, Flow, Apex, and Communities.
For example, features like, Learn Why Users Are Switching Back to Salesforce Classic, View Page Performance by Browser and Other New Metrics in the Lightning Usage App, Find the Data You Need in a Jiffy with List View Search, Enterprise Territory Management: Forecast Sales by Territory (Generally Available) and Use Autolaunched Flows in Einstein Bots – No Coding Required is now available in Lightning Experience.
Also, check out these beta and pilot features:
- Move Actions and Buttons Easily When Transitioning to Lightning Experience (Beta): – Don’t have time to move all your Salesforce Classic actions and buttons into Lightning Experience? The latest Lightning Experience Configuration Converter feature does just that in a simple, easy to understand wizard. Select the objects and page layouts to work on, and Salesforce does the heavy moving. The Lightning Experience Configuration Converter (is a standalone tool that lives outside of Salesforce), which was made generally available during Summer ‘18, has been enhanced. Easily move custom, standard, and global actions from the Quick Actions in the Salesforce Classic Publisher section of a page layout to the Salesforce Mobile and Lightning Experience Actions section. Also included the right mobile actions and move custom and standard buttons along the way.
- Schedule Event Series (Beta): – Now onwards your reps can schedule daily, weekly, monthly, or other repeating events from Lightning Experience and the Salesforce app.
- Edit Joined Reports with Lightning Report Builder (Beta): – Joined reports are perfect for analyzing Salesforce data across multiple report types (like Opportunities with Products joined to Cases with Assets) or getting multiple, simultaneous views of an object (like Closed Won Opportunities alongside Closed Lost Opportunities). Now your reps an edit joined reports with the Lightning report builder and with more run page functionality including filtering and sorting.
- Use Sharing Sets with Campaigns, Opportunities, and Orders (Beta): – You can now grant portal or community users access to records that are associated with their campaigns, opportunities, and orders using sharing sets.
- Enable Access to Metadata Without Enabling Access to Data, Too (Beta): – If a user requires access to metadata but not to data, enable the new Modify Metadata permission to give the access the user needs without providing access to org data. Users can create, edit, and delete org metadata but not org data. Users must have appropriate access rights to the metadata they’re trying to modify. Modify Metadata is enabled automatically when the Deploy Change Sets permission is selected.
- Check a Field’s References Before You Edit It (Pilot): – Now you can see the references to a custom field, such as in a report or formula, with the click of a button. You can also communicate changes to others who use the field in a formula or other context.
- Use Strategies to Recommend Flows to Users and Community Members (Pilot): – Rather than displaying all flows all the time, display the right flows at the right moment to the right people with Einstein Next Best Action. Create a strategy that integrates business rules, predictive models, and data—both inside and outside of Salesforce— to show users suggested offers and actions. Read the rest of this entry!