Big Idea or Enduring Question:
How do you allow Sales reps an easy to transfer their opportunities to another user?
In today’s world, Sales reps switch their job frequently. Transferring their existing or closed deals or leads to another user is time-consuming work. Salesforce provides various ways to change the Ownership of records from one user to another. But it has some limitations:
- Salesforce doesn’t provide a way to transfer records Ownership using Salesforce mobile app.
- Changing the record’s owner from the user interface doesn’t provide a way to transfer all child records.
- For example, it doesn’t allow you to change the related Orders owner when you change the opportunity owner.
- Mass Transfer Chatter Files
This article will show you how you can develop your own tool for transfer Ownership and work on the Salesforce mobile app.
This blog post will help us to understand the following
- Use a Screen a flow to take the user input to update records
- Learn how to use the Update Records element to create multiple records
Business Use Case
Brenda David is working as a System Administrator at Universal Containers (UC). She has received a requirement from the management to create a wizard which allows their users to mass transfer opportunity record ownership from one user to another user.
Automation Champion Approach (I-do):
There are multiple ways to solve the above business requirement. You can either use Lightning Web Component, Salesforce Flow, and more. To solve this requirement, we will use the Screen Flow.
Before discussing the solution, let me show you a diagram of a Process Flow at a high level. Please spend a few minutes going through the following Flow diagram and understand it. Let’s begin building this automation process.
Guided Practice (We-do):
There are 4 steps to solve Brenda’s business requirement using Screen Flow. We must Read the rest of this entry!