I’m still pinching myself. My new book Mastering Salesforce CRM Administrationwas out yesterday (03/27/2017). Salesforce.com is one of the fastest-growing and demanding technologies at the moment. Mastering Salesforce CRM Administration is a hands-on guide that will help Salesforce newbies (who have a basic knowledge of Salesforce), new or experienced Salesforce administrators, and developers who want to take their knowledge to the next level to become a Salesforce certified advanced administrator. As you go through the content, you will notice that this book focuses on real-world examples. This book builds upon these examples to help you understand and use the features of the Salesforce.com platform.
This book is all about mastering the Salesforce admin part, taking your skills as an administrator or developer and tuning them for the unique features of the Salesforce platform. I have discussed many complex topics in this book, such as territory management,forecasting,quota,escalation rule,knowledge base,Visual Workflow, Process Builder, deployment using Force.com Migration Tool and more. This book covers almost all the topics mentioned in Salesforce certified advanced administrator examination study guide.
Here’s a taste of what you’ll uncover:
Adopt Lightning Experience to improve the productivity of your organization’s sales team
Create and maintain service entitlements and entitlement processes
Process Builder basic and advanced concepts
Implement Customizable Forecast and quota management
Implement Knowledge base management to improve support reps productivity
Implement territory management
Exploring different ways to deploy application between environments including Force.com Migration Tool
Best practices for improving and enriching data quality
And yes, so much more.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank both of you (Jitendra Zaa and Vinay Chaturvedi) for the effort and expertise that you have contributed to reviewing, without which it would have been impossible to maintain the high standards of the book.
Vinay Chaturvedi is a Salesforce MVP, currently working as a principal consultant. He has been loving and living Salesforce since 2011.
Jitendra Zaa is a Salesforce MVP, author, and a Dreamforce speaker with more than 9 years of experience in web technologies and cloud platforms.
In this articleworking with related records, I had discussed a way to use theProcess Builder to update the Status of relatedQuotesto Denied for an Opportunity, whenever a Quoteis accepted by the customer. Once a Quote is accepted by the customer the next step is toSyncAccepted Quote with Opportunity. In this article, I am going to discuss how to automate Quote Sync Process. Let’s start with a business use case
Business Use case
Steve Cartwright is working as System administrator at Universal Containers (UC). He has received a requirement to Automatically Sync accepted Quote with Opportunity because business users always forget to Sync accepted Quote with Opportunity and it creates problems in reporting.
Solution for the above business requirement
There are multiple solutions possible for the above business scenario. You can either use Apex trigger, a combination of Flow and Inline Visualforce Page, and few more. We will useFlow andProcess Builder to solve the above business requirement.Before starting the Implementation, you have to understand one important concept related to the Sync Quote feature. There is a field on Opportunity object i.e. Synced Quote, It’s nothing but a Lookup of the Quote Object. To automate Quote Sync Process, you have to populate the value in this field.
This article will help you to understand how to automate Quote sync process and way to Launch a Flow from Process builder. Follow the below instructions to create a Flow and Process for the above business requirement
1. Click onName | Setup | App Setup | Create | Workflows & Approvals | Flows 2. Click onNew Flow, it will open flow canvas for you, now create oneTextvariableVarT_QuoteId to pass the Quote ID. We will use this variable in the flow, as shown in the following screenshot
Text Variable (To store Quote ID)
Likewise, create one moreTextvariable VarT_OpportunityId to pass the Opportunity Id.
3. The next step is to update theSynced Quote field with Quote Id. For this, we will useRecord Update element. Drag-and-dropRecord UpdateElement on the window and fill the details as shown in the following screenshot
Record Update (Update Opportunity – Sync Quote)
4. Finally, yourFlow will look like the following screenshot
5. Click on theSavebutton and save the Flow with the nameUpdate Sync Quoteas shown in the following screenshot
6. Don’t forget toActivatethe Flow.
Launch a Flow from the Process Builder
Our next task is to create a Process onQuoteobject to Launch a Flow, only when a Quote is accepted by the customer. To create a Process on theQuote object follow the below instructions
1. Click on Name | Setup | App Setup | Create | Workflows & Approvals | Process Builder and click on theNewbutton, Enter Name, API Name and click on theSave button
Define Process Properties
2. Once you are done click on theSave button, it will redirect you to Process canvas. Click on Objectnode to add object, SelectQuote object, in this case and set the evaluation criteria, Please refer to the following screenshot for more details
3. Once you are done, click on theSave button. It will redirect you to Process canvas. The next step is to define Process criteria. For this click onAdd Criterianode, enter Criteria Name, Set filter conditions (Similar to Rule Criteria in WFR), as shown in the following screenshot
If you want to understand why I have selected, Do you want to execute the actions only when specified changes are made to the record?Check-Box, then please refer this articleAuto Create and Activate the Contract
4. Once you are done click on theSavebutton, it will redirect you to Process canvas. Now we have to add an Immediate action into the Process to Launch a Flow. For this useFlowsaction. UseField Pickerto select the field Description andText Entry field to enter a comment or sentence. Please refer the following screenshot for more information
Add action – Flows
5. Once you are done click on the Savebutton, it will redirect you to Process canvas. Finally, the Processwill look like the following screenshot
Don’t forget to active the Process by clicking on the Activatebutton
It’s time to test this Process
Now onwards if a business user updates the Quote Status to Accepted, Process Builder will automatically Sync Accepted Quote with Opportunity.
1. Currently Quote “Burlington Textiles Weaving Plant Generator” inPresented Status, as shown in the following screenshot
Quote Status – Before Update
2. Now we will try to update theQuote “Burlington Textiles Weaving Plant Generator“Status to Accepted, as shown in the following screenshot
Update Quote Status to Accepted
3. Once you are done, click on theSavebutton and check the Syncing Check-box available on the Quoteobject. It’s already checked because ofProcess Builder Auto Sync Accepted Quote with Opportunity, as shown in the following screenshot
Note: -I will suggest you to Implement this first on your developer org test it and then move it to Production.