Big Idea or Enduring Question:
- How can I auto-select Automatically follow records that I create checkbox for new users?
After reading this blog, you’ll be able to:
- How you can follow a record on chatter
- Use Before-save Record-Triggered to update field(s)
- Create an automation to update fields on the user object
Business Use Case
Brenda David is a System Administrator at Universal Containers (UC). She has received a requirement to develop automation that auto-select Automatically follow records that I create checkbox as soon as user record gets created.
Automation Champion Approach (I-do):
In Chatter, you can follow the records and Chatter Groups. In this article, I will talk about how to follow the record and the automation around it. You can follow any record by navigating to a records detail page and clicking on the Follow button as shown below screenshot:
If you want to Automatically follow records that you create, to do that follow the below instruction
- Click on My Settings | Chatter | My Feeds
- Select Automatically follow records that I create checkbox, as shown in the following screenshot:
There are a few possible solutions for the above business scenario. However, our purpose, in this blog, is to learn Flow and its advanced/new features. Therefore, we will use Before-save Record-Triggered Flow to solve the above business requirement.
Before proceeding ahead, you have to understand the User object and some of its fields.
|UserPreferencesEnableAutoSubForFeed||When true, the user automatically subscribes to feeds for any objects that the user creates.|
Before discussing it, let me show you a diagram of a Process Flow at a high level. Please spend a few minutes to go through the following Flow diagram and understand it. Let’s begin building this automation process.