As our community grows, organization have to ensure that customers get quick answers to their questions. Question-to-Case allows moderators to escalate unresolved questions to cases from the question detail page. You can automate this escalation process using Process Builder or Workflow Rule. It allows you to use Question-to-Case and automation tool in several ways, for example
- Create a case from a question if, the question has received more than two likes without reply.
- Create a case from a question immediately if the question contains the word Urgent Help.
Let’s start with a business use case
Business Use case :- Rachel Gillett is working as System administrator in Universal Container. She has received a requirement from the management, auto create a case whenever a new question is created, which contains word Urgent help in the title.
Solution of above business requirement
There are a few possible solutions for the above business scenario, but we’ll use Process Builder and Create a record action to solve the above business requirement. Follow the below instructions to create a Process Builder to solve the above business requirement
1. Click on Name | Setup | App Setup | Create | Workflows & Approvals | Process Builder and click on the New button, Enter Name, API Name and then click on the Save button
2. To create a new process from scratch, click on the New Button available on Process management page. A popup will appear where you have to enter the Name (Use Automatically Create Cases from Unresolved Questions as name), API Name and Description as shown in the below screenshot
3. The next step is to add entry criteria. For this click on Add Object, select Question object and for the entry criteria, Select only when a record is created, as shown in the below screenshot, once you are done click on the Save button
4. The next task is to add Process Criteria, To do this click on Add Criteria, enter Name, Type of action and set filter conditions (In this case set [Question].Title Contains Urgent Help) and click on the Save button, as shown in the following screenshot
5. Once you are done, click on the Save button it will redirect you to Process Canvas. Now we have to add an Immediate action to create a case, for this we will use Create a Record action. Use Field Picker to select the field Description and Text Entry field to enter a comment or sentence. Please refer the following screenshot for more information
7. Once you are done, click on the Save button, it will redirect you to Process canvas. Finally the Process will look like the following screenshot
Don’t forget to active the Process by clicking on the Activate button.
Proof of concept
1. Now create a question from the community user login via the UI
2. Navigate to the case tab and check out the newly created case
Note :- I will suggest you to implement this first on your developer org, test it and then move it to production.