With each new release, Salesforce is adding tons of new functionalities to Lightning Experience. Which make you more productive and help you to provide better customer experience.
Currently, Winter’21 release is under the pre-release program. On the 11th & 12th of September, Sandboxes will be upgraded, as a result, your organization will get the look and feel of Winter’21 release.
In case you have not read the entire 531 pages of Salesforce Winter’21 release notes, check out Winter’21 release quick summary written by me.
I combed through the release notes and highlighted the most exciting, interesting, and useful Lightning Experience features. Since Lightning Experience is getting faster and better with every release, it was a challenge to stop at just ten! To kick things off, here is my take on the coolest Lightning features from Winter’21 release.
- Break Up Your Record Details with Dynamic Forms (Generally Available): Dynamic Forms is the next step in the evolution of Lightning record pages. It adds the ability to configure record detail fields and sections inside the Lightning App Builder.
With more fields on your page layout, the more that the Record Detail component becomes a monolithic block of fields that you can’t customize. With Dynamic Forms, you can migrate the fields and sections from your page layout as individual components into the Lightning App Builder. Then, you can configure them just like the rest of the components on the page, and give users only the fields and sections that they need.
Dynamic Forms benefit you in these ways.
- An instant upgrade from page layouts: Place fields and sections wherever you want.
- Better page performance: Put fields and sections into accordion components or tabs to significantly improve page load times.
- Dynamic layouts: Use visibility rules to show and hide fields and sections.
- Simpler layout management:
- Manage the fields and sections on your pages in the Lightning App Builder without touching the page layout editor.
- Reduce the number of page layouts you need with component visibility rules.
- Take advantage of a single assignment model for the Lightning page instead of the dual model of assigning a Lightning page and a page layout.
To enable Dynamic Forms in your org, navigate to Setup (Gear Icon) | Setup | User Interface | Record Page Settings and then click on the Dynamic Forms section, flip the switch to On.
After you enable Dynamic Forms, new features appear in the Lightning App Builder. A new Fields tab in the component palette contains Field and Field Section components, which are the building blocks for Dynamic Forms.
To get started? Open an existing record page in the Lightning App Builder, then click Upgrade Now from the Record Detail properties pane to launch the Dynamic Forms migration wizard. With only a few clicks, the wizard adds fields and field sections to the page for you.
- Auto Add Fields to Custom Report Types (Beta):- It’s time-consuming to add new custom fields to your reports, especially when you have many custom report types. Now with Auto Add, custom fields that you add to a Salesforce object are added automatically to all the custom report types based on that object. When you create a report from the custom report type, all the custom fields are right there for you to add to your report. Read the rest of this entry!