In Salesforce Chatter is a great way to boost collaboration in your organization. User can Post Status, links, Files and comments on others post . Many time I found on Salesforce success community people are asking about a way to enable Chatter for a subset of users. In this article I am going to discuss how system administrator can rollout Chatter, based on profile.
Business Use case :- Below are the few business scenarios where business wants to enable/disable Chatter for specific set of users, like
1) Higher management in Universal Container wants to turn off Chatter for community users.
2) Higher management in Universal Container wants to enable Chatter only for Sales and Marketing users.
Enable profile based rollout of Chatter
1) To enable profile-based rollout of Chatter, system administrator needs to log a case with Salesforce.com support.
2) After proper business justification, they will enable this service for your organization.
3) Once profile-based rollout of Chatter is enable for your organization you will see “Enable Chatter” system permission as shown in the following screenshot
4) Now system administrator can Turn on Chatter for the users with the required user profile or permission sets.