Articles those I published current & previous week
1) Delete Topics Directly in Salesforce (Summer’14 enhancement)
2) Keep Favorite Report Folders In View (Summer’14 enhancement)
3) Post to Chatter by sending an email
4) Salesforce Summer14 release quick summary (Summer’14 enhancement)
Apex for Admins: Build on the Basics
In this video David Liu will share some of his own learning experience, as well as tips and tricks on how to become a Salesforce developer. You will introduce to learn basics of Apex Trigger (Like how to write a SOQL query, define Trigger variables and few more concepts) and then walk you through the process of writing and deploying a basic trigger in your development environment. This series serves as an Introduction to Apex for Salesforce Administrator with no programming background. The key takeaways of this is to show how quickly you can pick up the Force.com programming language and build triggers on your own.
Sales Cloud: Summer ’14 New Features
Welcome to the Summer’14 release from Salesforce, where you Sell from anywhere with new Summer ’14 features for the Sales Cloud, Chatter, Work.com, and Pardot. Watch this video to know more about Sales cloud Summer’14 enhancement. To download Summer’14 release notes click on the link. HTML version summer’14 release notes now available.
Tip #1 – Submit Records for Approval from Salesforce1
After Summer’14 release users can now Submit record for approval from the Salesforce1 app. This feature are available in Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions, and this feature available in Professional Edition with an additional cost. The app displays the Submit for Approval button in record detail pages for objects with
- Active approval processes
- Page layouts that include the Submit for Approval button
It will look like below screenshot on Salesforce1 app
You can also check approval details under Approval History related list on Salesforce1 app.
Note :- However, that users can’t manually select approvers in Salesforce1 (If it’s required to select approval manually than Salesforce will display message “Please log in to the full Salesforce site to complete this approval request, which requires you to select the next approver“). For approval processes that require manual selection, the submitter needs to log in to the full Salesforce site to submit a record for approval.
Salesforce.com Summer’14 Key Dates
This week Salesforce.com published Summer’14 release notes in the PDF format, HTML version of release note will be available on 27th June 2014. To get the access of Summer ’14 Pre-Release org sign up now. It has all the new release features so that you can test them and figure out which ones are right for you. Important changes to sign up for pre-release org that you will love is
1) you can sign up for different Salesforce editions i.e Group, Professional, Enterprise and Developer
2) you can sign ups for multiple pre-release org with same email address . Before that we were following “Salesforce Pre-Release Registration” method (Blog Written By – Johan Yu) to sign-up for multiple pre-release org.
Few Important dates are :-
June 6th – Sandboxes upgraded
June 17th and 18th – Release readiness live broadcast
June 20th – NA1 upgraded
June 27th – Release training available
July 7th – The second release weekend
July 18th – The final release weekend
Take a look of Ideas those are available under Pilot/Beta program
Take a look of ideas Idea exchange available under pilot/beta program, below I mentioned few ideas
1) Dupe Alerts
2) Add Dashboard Snapshot of any Dashboard to any Object
3) Map forecasting field to custom fields
4) Quotes to Sales Order conversion
5) Ability to create custom lookup fields on the activity object
If you’re interested in participating in one of these pilots work with your account team to get more info.