Articles those I published this week
1) Automatically Add New User to Chatter Group
2) Post to Chatter by sending an email
3) Salesforce Summer14 release quick summary (Summer’14 enhancement)
4) Mass Transfer Records Using Salesforce1 App
Apex for Admins: Get Started with Apex in 30 Minutes!
In this webinar, You will introduce to Apex, and then walk you through the process of writing and deploying a basic trigger in your development environment. This series serves as an Introduction to Apex for Salesforce Administrator with no programming background. In this video David Liu will share some of his own learning path, as well as tips and tricks on how to become a Salesforce developer. The key takeaways of this is to show how quickly you can pick up the Force.com programming language and build triggers on your own and what a test class is, and how to write, modify and deploy a basic trigger etc.
Summer ’14: Run Your Business From Your Phone
Welcome to the Summer’14 release from Salesforce, where you can run your business from your phone with the new Salesforce1 Mobile App that allows you to sell from anywhere, service customers everywhere, and market 1:1 to customers. To learn more about Summer’14 what this video. To download Summer’14 release notes click on the link. HTML version of release notes will be out on 27th June.
Tip #1 – Calender Sharing
If you want to share your calender with Other users within your organization then follow the below instructions
1. Navigate to Name | Setup | Personal Setup| My Personal information| Calender Sharing
2. Click on Add button, add users and define Calendar Access as shown in the below screenshot
Note :- You can share this calendar with individual users, personal or public groups, the users in a particular role, or the users in a particular role plus all of the users in roles below that role. Individual sharing can only be used to grant wider access to data, not to restrict access. Below are the details about access level
- Show Details :- Users can view the details of events, but they cannot add events or edit existing events.
- Show Details and Add Events :- Users can view the details of events and add events, but they cannot edit existing events.
- Full Access :- Users can view the details of events, add events, and edit existing events.
3. Click on Save.
Salesforce.com Summer’14 Key Dates
This week Salesforce.com published Summer’14 release notes in the PDF format, HTML version of release note will be available on 27th June 2014. To get the access of Summer ’14 Pre-Release org sign up now. It has all the new release features so that you can test them and figure out which ones are right for you. Important changes to sign up for pre-release org that you will love is
1) you can sign up for different Salesforce editions i.e Group, Professional, Enterprise and Developer
2) you can sign ups for multiple pre-release org with same email address . Before that we were following “Salesforce Pre-Release Registration” method (Blog Written By – Johan Yu) to sign-up for multiple pre-release org.
Few Important dates are :-
May 22nd – Release notes available and release website updated
June 6th – Sandboxes upgraded
June 17th and 18th – Release readiness live broadcast
June 20th – NA1 upgraded
June 27th – Release training available
July 7th – The second release weekend
July 18th – The final release weekend
Take a look of Ideas at Idea Exchange
Take a look of ideas at Idea exchange and share your views on them. You can also vote for these ideas
1) Ability to customize Notification Banner (Summer 14 feature)
2) Opportunities to Contract one to one linear Relationship
3) Link a single Contact to Multiple Accounts
4) Allow more than 3 columns in dashboards