Articles that you may like
Intro to Building Mobile Apps with Salesforce1 – No Code Required
Want to develop Salesforce1 app without writing any Code, if yes then go though this video. Salesforce1 makes it easy for admins to create mobile apps. Leveraging your existing skills, like page layout and security profile management, plus new point & click customizations like Publisher Actions and Compact Layouts, you can put your Salesforce apps into your users’ hands on their preferred mobile device.
Salesforce.com 2014 Sales Surfboard Award
Nominate yourself or your customer today at salesforce.com/surfboardawards. Your Company could be one of the 24 innovative organizations honored at Salesforce’s second annual Sales Surfboard Awards. You’ll get to share your story live at the conference, and enjoy our public Awards Reception. Winners also receive a free pass to Dreamforce 2014 and access to an exclusive room block at the Marriott Marquis. How can you win? Just tell us how Sales Cloud, Pardot, Data.com, or Work.com helps you or your customers’ sales team perform at their highest levels. Show us how your team uses Salesforce applications in powerful, creative, and innovative ways — along with the results you’re seeing. For more details watch promo video
Tip #1 – High Assurance required policy for accessing reports and dashboards
To set a High Assurance required policy for accessing reports and dashboards, then follow the below instructions.
1. Navigate to Name | Setup | App Setup | Customize | Reports & Dashboards | Access Policies.
Note :- Access Policies control the conditions under which users may access Reports and Dashboards. Two-Factor Authentication falls under High Assurance security.
2. Select “High Assurance session required“Check-box and select desired option.
Note :- If you select “Block Reports and Dashboards (default)” options, this will be blocks access to the resource by showing an insufficient privileges error.
3. Next time when you click on Report or Dashboards tab , It will redirect you to login screen where you have to enter Login credentials followed by Two-Factor Authentication password.
Salesforce.com Summer’14 Key Dates
Summer’14 release is around the corner and today Salesforce.com announced pre-release environment. To get the access of Summer ’14 Pre-Release org sign up now. It has all the new release features so that you can test them and figure out which ones are right for you. Important changes to sign up for pre-release org that you will love is
1) you can sign up for different Salesforce editions i.e Group, Professional, Enterprise and Developer
2) you can sign ups for multiple pre-release org with same email address . Before that we were following “Salesforce Pre-Release Registration” method (Blog Written By – Johan Yu) to sign-up for multiple pre-release org.
Few Important dates are :-
May 12th – Your ideas “Coming in Summer ’14”
May 22nd – Release notes available and release website updated
June 6th – Sandboxes upgraded
To learn more about Summer’14 release key dates visit blog “10 Key Dates for the Salesforce Summer ’14 Release“.
Take a look of Salesforce under consideration Ideas at Idea Exchange
Take a look of ideas at Idea exchange those are selected for Summer’14 release and share your views on them. You can also vote for these ideas.
1) Standard “Send an Email” function for Salesforce1 app
2) Visualforce Homepage Component Type
3) Pin reports folders
4) Delete Topics in Setup
5) Customize PriceBookEntry object
6) Increase size limit on Email2Case