Articles that you may like
1) Chatter group data cleansing through visual workflow (Flow)
2) Setting up live agent in Salesforce
3) Survey Powered by Visual Workflow
4) Auto select automatically follow records that I create check-box
Enhancing Your Chatter Posts
Learn how to use @mentions and #topics to enhance your Chatter posts. @mentions alert others to your Chatter posts, and topics help you organize and search through Chatter so you can find relevant content and conversations. @mentions and #topics help you leverage the power of Chatter.
Who Sees What Permission Sets
In Salesforce, permissions and access settings specify what users can do within an organization. Another in the Who Sees What series, this video shows you how permission sets can extend a user’s access and permissions, and how to create and assign permission sets.
Tip #1 – Auto select lead assignment rule
Every time when you create a lead via Web-to-lead, assignment rule automatically assigns records to respective owners. Whenever you create a lead from Salesforce UI you have to manually select “Assign using active assignment rule” Check-box as shown in below screenshot
If you want to auto-select this check for all records that will create from Salesforce UI follow the below instruction
- Click on Name | Setup | App Setup | Customize | Leads | Page Layout | Page Layouts
- Click on the Edit link in-front of page layout for which you want auto select this check box, you can take help from below screenshot
- Click on layout properties, button as shown in below screenshot
- Select check-box “Select by default” as shown in below screenshot
- Save the page layout. Now onward if you create a lead from UI “Assign using active assignment rule” Check-box are automatically selected
Tip #2 – Approval process initial submitter
While configuring approval process under step -6 (Specify Initial Submitters) you can specify who all can submit records for approval. but there are a few considerations
- If the user has Modify all permission on that object or Modify all data system permission, they can also submit records for approval apart from what you selected under initial submitter.
- Approval processes that allow the user to select an approver manually also allow the user submitting a request to select himself or herself as the approver.