Articles that you may like
1) Private Messages in Communities (Spring’14 enhancement)
2) Splitting Credit across Your Sales Team (With Spring’14 enhancement)
3) File Storage Increased For Paid User (Spring’14 enhancement)
4) Requesting a Meeting Using Cloud Scheduler
How Salesforce Does Data Protection and Backup
Learn how Salesforce.com’s approach to protecting customer data availability. In this session Salesforce.com cover trust, data protection programs, data backup, replication, and recovery techniques.
Tip #1 – Truncating Custom Objects
–> If you want to permanently remove all of the records from a custom object, then best way is truncate. It will keep the object and its metadata. To do this follow the below instruction
- First enable this feature follow the path Name | Setup | App Setup | User Interface
- Select “Enable Custom Object Truncate” checkbox , as shown in below image
- Follow the path Name | Setup | App Setup | Create | Objects, click on object name to go to object detail’s page
- Click on Truncate button, It will pop-up a window where you have to type object name
- Click on Truncate to complete this process
Note:- Once you truncate a custom object you can’t recover the records from the Recycle Bin. A copy of the truncated object appears in the Deleted Objects list for 15 days—during this period the object and its records continue to count toward your organization’s limits—and then the copied object and its records are permanently deleted.
–> If you want to delete all the data from your organization then use “Delete All Data” feature.It is available under Name | Setup | Administration Setup | Data management | Delete All Data and follow the instruction appear on the screen