Last Updated on October 17, 2021 by Rakesh Gupta
Below are the quick summary of Winter’14 release from user’s / customer’s
Customer/User’s Point of view
- @mention Chatter Groups: – You can now mention groups in your posts and comments. When writing a post, type @ followed by the first few letters of a group name, and then select the group from the list of matches. This functionality is same as we are mentioning @people.
- In Below example, I mentioned @Dreamforce13 Group.
- More Search Options for Enhanced Lookups: – When searching for a record by using enhanced lookup, it queries over field called as Name. After Winter14 release, you can include All Field for lookup object, but not available for the User object.
- Increased Post and Comment Size: – Now Chatter Post and comment length increased from 1000 to 5000 characters. Now you can post long statuses.
- Topics with the Same Name Merged: – Topics is a great way to reach the maximum number of peoples. Now Topic with the same name but difference in capitalization or spacing will merge under 24hrs after posting. Example Dreamforce 13, DreamForce13, DREAMFORCE13, Dream force13
- Changes in Sandbox: – Configuration Only sandboxes have been renamed to Developer Pro sandbox and the storage limit on them has been increased to 1GB.
- Advanced setup search (Beta):- With Advanced setup search, you can set up for search page, custom profiles, workflows, permission sets, public groups, roles, and users.
- Access Chatter Mobile from Salesforce Email Notifications: – If you have installed chatter mobile on your iPhone or iPad and when you click on any email notification it will automatically open your mobile app.
- Using Email to Post to Chatter Groups (Pilot): – Now you can post to a group by sending an email to group email address. But it will post only 5000characters from email, if email contains more than 5000 characters extra character will not include in your post.
- New Chatter Profile Page (Profile Tab):- Under profile tab, you can find sub-tab Feed and Overview Tab.
- Feed Tab: – It will display your chatter feed.
- Overview tab:- This tab contains information related to you like Your followers, following, public groups, About Me Section, recent topics, and your community activity.
- Chatter Thanks: – Thanks is a Work.com feature that is now available directly from the Chatter publisher. Use Thanks to recognizing your coworkers. You can customize your post with one of twelve badges. For full chatter Thanks and Badging, it requires separate work.com license.
- Show or Hide Role Hierarchy in Reports
Developer Point of view
- Developer sandbox storage limit is increased from 10 MB to 200MB.
- There is no more code statement limit, by limiting CPU time for the transaction. 10,000ms for synchronous Apex and 60,000ms for asynchronous Apex.
- Developer console:- Developer console is our friend and it’s new feature help us to manage our code
- History Panel in developer console: – The Query Editor has a new Query History panel that lists the last 10 queries for quick reuse.
- Save Order Debug View: – It provides a visual timeline of DML actions. The Save Order tab displays a color-coded timeline of DML actions. For each DML action taken, save order elements will show as boxcars in the timeline.
- Preview a Visualforce Page: – Now you can preview Visualforce page while debugging.
- View State tab in developer console: – Now you can check View state for a Visualforce page in developer console under view state tab.
- Workflow for the User Object (Beta):- Now you can now create workflow rules and actions for the User object. You can send welcome message, alert for role changes, or you can use field update to deactivate user after specified times.
- Analytics REST API:- Now you can integrate Salesforce report data into your apps programmatically and has several resources that let you query metadata, and record details.
- VisualForce Page:-
- New HTML 5 friendly component (Type) for <apex:input> and <apex:InputField>Tag. There are few valid value for type provided by Salesforce.
- HTML5 <apex:datalist> Element for Input Components.
- Preview Page button under list view, If you navigate to Name | Setup | App setup | Develop | Pages under In front of each pages or in Visualforce detail and edit view. Click to preview button to open Visualforce page in new window.
- Server-Side View State (Pilot):- To Improve performance for visualforce page now view state to be stored on the server rather than the client
- New <apex:milestoneTracker> Component :- It’s a new Visualforce component to displays the milestone tracker on the Case Feed page.
- Scheduled Job Name and Type Available in Queries: – Now you can obtain the name and type of a scheduled job programmatically via SOQL queries.
- The Topic and Topic Assignment objects now support triggers.
- New Classes, Methods, and Interfaces: – New methods have been added to the Database class. New Database methods improve record merging functions.
- Force.com Canvas: – API Enabled User Permission No Longer Required, Users can now run installed canvas apps without having their API enabled permission assigned. Force.com Canvas Support for Streaming API.
I want to hear from you!
What did you learn from this post, is it relevant to you, and how will you modify the concepts taught in the post for your own business processes?
Make a post and tag me on Twitter @automationchamp using #AutomationChampionFlow.